is your ac COLD or just cool

Was it any different prior to the triple digit heat recently?

Cabin filter or do a AC recharge.... I just the recharge on my 07 civic and it's blowing freezing cold air

I usually have to hit the recirculate button to really get it cold. I don't use the max ac but regular on recirc works great.

my car is brand new idk why but it aint cold at all and when stopped it get warm

I just picked up my 2012 Civic Si coupe and yesterday it was saying it was 37 degrees Celsius (I'm not sure what that is in Fahrenheit buy it's friggin hot) outside on the display. I had the a/c on full blast and it wasn't really cold. I would have thought for a brand new car it would be able to cool things down a little better.

Mine blows fairly cold. Also most new cars won't blow as cold of air as some older cars do. I forget the exact reasoning but it's something about being energy efficient and environmentally friendly. If your car isn't blowing cold enough to keep you cool though, you may have an issue somewhere that your dealer needs to look at

Have you tried turning it off and on?
trollface.jpg

it_crowd_s3_zx81.jpg

:giggle:

gov stopped production of r-12 freon refrigerant because of ozone concerns. Now they use a product called r-134a for air conditioning.

Take the car over to honda and have them check the AC system out.

yeah, mine is definitely not as cold as my old accord but it does the job enough to be comfortable.

This has been an on-going issue with the 8th gens as well. People tend to find that the A/c is cooler when the car is in movement (vs. stopped).

I haven't been able to resolve the issue - though it does seem to be more prelevant when temperatures are in the upper 90's or better w/ high humidity.

Pleased to say that mine is downright COLD!!! My sunglasses fogged up when I got out of my car this evening . . . twice! The inside of the driver's side, passenger side, and upper passenger corner of the front window were fogging up as well. Of course, it is practically new (bought it on Good Friday). Good to know about the cabin air filter though in the event I find that the AC loses some efficiency.

Freezing. But we are having a nasty heat wave right now, so its taking a little longer to get to freezing.

well i took my car to bill gatton today and told them what was going on so the mec took it back and said that the car was shipped with too little freeon and it was blowing 50 degrees at the vent so they charged it up and added freeon and now it tested blowing cold at teh vents at 35 degrees i am happy now

Back