Alexandria, VA
Vehicle Model
Generation X
Body Style
Dad
So yeah, this just happened.

201405161.png
201405162.png 201407.png 201408.png 201410.png

I'm not a performance mod type of guy, but I do enjoy installing accessories that have more of an aesthetic appeal while still providing added functionality. Stay tuned for new/updated DIY threads.

I must say, everything about it is much more refined than the 2012 model. The interior is more stylish and plush...no more bland. Push button start is really convenient and just takes a bit of getting used to. Handling is way better and much more responsive, little to no body roll, suspension is improved. Road noise is greatly reduced to the point where I forget I'm driving a Si. Shifting even feels smoother. Overall, the car just feels very solid.

Once you get used to the new touch-screen, you realize it's definitely an improvement. HD Radio is a nice plus and there are many new features for the geek in me.

Overall: This is what the 2012 should have been.

Exterior Changes:
  • OEM Si Splash Guards
  • OEM Door Visors
  • CQuartz Finest ceramic paint coating
  • OEM Door Edge Film
  • OEM Rear Bumper Applique
  • OEM Wheel Locks
Interior Changes:
  • OEM Ambient Light Kit
  • OEM Automatic Day/Night Mirror
  • OEM Rear Cup Holders
  • OEM All-weather Floor Mats
  • OEM Trunk Tray
  • Dome, map, and trunk LEDs
  • Compustar DroneMobile

Last edited:
Congratulations! I love the color.

I felt the same when I went from the '12 to the '13. It felt like a different car.

Looking forward to the DIYs!

• Staff
I thought the faux carbon fiber would be tacky and I had planned to get rid of it immediately, but I actually like it.
Photos do not do this car enough justice, I can't stress that enough. I didn't feel this giddy when I bought the 2012 :turbospin:

Congrats again! What's an OEM rear cup holder?

Love it. Not a huge fan of those clunky looking 18" wheels, but car looks nice!

Nice man! Good job!

I'm waiting for the call telling me my twin sister of yours is ready to pick up. Going from 12 to 14 as well, and I cannot wait.

Nice to hear you like the finish overall better than the 12.

Anything else you like better, or worse, or just different?

• Staff
Haven't driven it much yet, but what's the most noticeable of all is that the ride is soo much smoother now. It's like driving an EX with extra torque and acceleration. Way less noise and bumpiness. You'll see what I mean when you get it and you won't be sorry you traded.
Another nice touch is how you lock/unlock the car. No need to really use the keyfob anymore. As soon as you touch the underside of the door handle, the doors unlock. There's a beeping sound when that happens which, for a lack of betters words, sounds "classy". When you're ready to leave, just touching the black button on the handle locks everything.
Maybe I'm a geek, but those kind of touches really put this car ahead of the pack. Gives me the impression that the Civic is no longer the step-child of the Accord.

Congrats on your upcoming ride. Be sure to post some pics!

So yeah, this just happened.

View attachment 36646
View attachment 36647 View attachment 36648 View attachment 36649 View attachment 36650 View attachment 36651 View attachment 36652 View attachment 36653

I'm not a performance mod type of guy, but I do enjoy installing accessories that have more of an aesthetic appeal while still providing added functionality. Stay tuned for new/updated DIY threads.

I must say, everything about it is much more refined than the 2012 model. The interior is more stylish and plush...no more bland. Push button start is really convenient, although it takes a bit of getting used to. Handling is way better and much more responsive, little to no body roll, suspension is improved. Road noise is greatly reduced to the point where I forget I'm driving a Si. Shifting even feels smoother. Overall, the car just feels very solid.

My only gripe so far is the touch-screen responsiveness. Although the interface is definitely an improvement, the responsiveness seems to have gone down noticeably. Hopefully that can change with future updates, but I'm guessing I'll just have to get used to it. HD Radio is a nice plus though and there are many new features for the geek in me.

Overall: This is what the 2012 should have been.

Better photos to come eventually.

Exterior Modifications:
  • OEM Si Splash Guards
Interior Modifications:
  • OEM Rear Cup Holders
  • Compustar DroneMobile
I just noticed that the headlights and fogs are different with the sedan and the coupe amongst other things.

The fogs on the sedan Si, as well as the interior map and dome lights, are different than the 2012.
A few other new things I've noticed, which may or may not be on the 2013 Si's already: there is now a button under the trunk handle to open the trunk, and now there is some sort of hill- or brake-assist when you're taking off from a stop. Essentially, the car doesn't roll back anymore when letting go of the brake.

The fogs on the sedan Si, as well as the interior map and dome lights, are different than the 2012.
A few other new things I've noticed, which may or may not be on the 2013 Si's already: there is now a button under the trunk handle to open the trunk, and now there is some sort of hill- or brake-assist when you're taking off from a stop. Essentially, the car doesn't roll back anymore when letting go of the brake.
yeah i dont have that on my 13. its an upgrade to the 14 it works the same as your doors unlock just by touching it. i thought about trading mine in for a 14 because of the cool new stuff and that sexy new color Orage Fire Pearl, but i dont really feel like taking everything off and then putting it all back on the new one.Then starting another 5 year loan lol.

yeah i dont have that on my 13. its an upgrade to the 14 it works the same as your doors unlock just by touching it. i thought about trading mine in for a 14 because of the cool new stuff and that sexy new color Orage Fire Pearl, but i dont really feel like taking everything off and then putting it all back on the new one.Then starting another 5 year loan lol.
Well according to my dealer, Si's will be getting superchargers in 2015 or 2016. Maybe that will be the incentive for you :)

Back