just got a new 2015 Honda Civic Si sedan. back to Honda and happy

Marksi07

New Castle, Delaware
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si sedan
Body Style
sedan
On March 16th, I traded in my 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited for a new 2015 Honda Civic Si sedan. Rallye red. Got a great deal. Prior to the Subaru, I was a 4 time Honda/Acura owner ( having owned a 98 Integra GSR, 98 Prelude, 05 RSX Type S and the 2007 Civic Si ( that is the car in my avatar ). Long story short, I wanted an all wheel drive car and tried the Subaru, found out I didn't like it and traded it in for the 2015. Here are some pics. I have no plans on modding the car.

IMG_7955.JPG IMG_7960.JPG

Famous last words for anybody on a car forum! Especially for those with an Si. ;)

Welcome back to the Honda family.
true. Thanks. I miss the Honda interiors. Its surprising how much you take for granted the Honda feel but once you are out of it and into some other car, you notice all the things Honda does right. Speaking of mods, I modded my 98 Integra GSR, my 98 Prelude, my 05 RSX Type S and my 07 Civic Si. Having said that, I'm not a kid anymore and while the modding is fun, the $$ isn't worth it in my opinion ( I would prefer to invest that $$ and pay extra $$ to pay the car off earlier--the goal being to pay the car off in 3 years, allowing me the time to buy another car for commuting, reducing the '15 Si mileage ). * the mods I speak of only consisted of the following: cold air intake, headers, exhaust, brake rotors and ( for the 2007 Civic )-custom interior bits like suede shift lever boot and floor mats and adding the carbon fiber-look dash inserts ). I will get the car windows' professionally tinted but I don't consider that a mod. buttttttttt, modding is fun. I will have to enjoy seeing everyone's mods on this forum.

some additional pics of my car. In about a month, I will get the new registration documents so I'll add my regular license plate and then go thru the process of getting the medical tint waiver form ( in Delaware, you have to get a doctor signed form that allows you to have tinted windows--bs I know but its the law ) and getting the windows tinted.

Attachments

• IMG_7945.JPG
    IMG_7945.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7923.jpg
    IMG_7923.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7943.jpg
    IMG_7943.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7936.jpg
    IMG_7936.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
true. Thanks. I miss the Honda interiors. Its surprising how much you take for granted the Honda feel but once you are out of it and into some other car, you notice all the things Honda does right. Speaking of mods, I modded my 98 Integra GSR, my 98 Prelude, my 05 RSX Type S and my 07 Civic Si. Having said that, I'm not a kid anymore and while the modding is fun, the $$ isn't worth it in my opinion ( I would prefer to invest that $$ and pay extra $$ to pay the car off earlier--the goal being to pay the car off in 3 years, allowing me the time to buy another car for commuting, reducing the '15 Si mileage ). * the mods I speak of only consisted of the following: cold air intake, headers, exhaust, brake rotors and ( for the 2007 Civic )-custom interior bits like suede shift lever boot and floor mats and adding the carbon fiber-look dash inserts ). I will get the car windows' professionally tinted but I don't consider that a mod. buttttttttt, modding is fun. I will have to enjoy seeing everyone's mods on this forum.

The only thing age has to do with modding is choice and priority of mods.

Honestly, with this car, a downpipe, FlashPro, and a tune really wakes the car up and makes it much more fun to drive. Throw a bigger rear sway bar and short shift adapter in there for good measure and you could be done with mods. Grand total would be about $1500. Well worth it.

What didn't you like about the AWD?

The only thing age has to do with modding is choice and priority of mods.

Honestly, with this car, a downpipe, FlashPro, and a tune really wakes the car up and makes it much more fun to drive. Throw a bigger rear sway bar and short shift adapter in there for good measure and you could be done with mods. Grand total would be about $1500. Well worth it.

What didn't you like about the AWD?
I had a 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited. It was a nice commuter car but I felt it was too large for my taste and I just couldn't get comfortable in the drivers seat. I've always been used to sitting low in my car and in the Legacy, you sit pretty high up, even when the seat is at its lowest position. The AWD wasn't all that noticeable and gave a false sense of security when the ice and snow came, especially the ice. The Legacy's biggest fault ( in my opinion ) is its brakes are not up to the task stopping a big car ( the Legacy is bigger than the Accord ). Had I bought a WRX STI, then thats a different situation-what with all that power and brakes to handle it but I don't have $35k-40k to spend on those wheels.
As I mentioned before, the few mods I have done on my Acura's/ Honda's are pretty basic. As you know, whats great about Honda's is the ability to mod them and once you start modding, its real difficult NOT to continue. I've had 4 Honda/Acura's and each one was modding to some degree so my track record strongly indicates that I'll mod, no matter what I say or claim right now. ( LOL ). Here's the only mods I'm familiar with: cold air intake, headers, exhaust. Thats pretty much it. I haven't a clue as to all the other mods you briefly mentioned to me ( I apologize about that ahead of time ). I plan on keeping the car for about 10 or so years. Like my 2007 Civic Si, I baby the car when driving ( so as to avoid speeding, I use cruise control a lot --which ironically, I never used in the Legacy ( !! ).
Quick question--in regards to the mods you suggested--was the $$1,500 including installation costs or no?

I had a 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited. It was a nice commuter car but I felt it was too large for my taste and I just couldn't get comfortable in the drivers seat. I've always been used to sitting low in my car and in the Legacy, you sit pretty high up, even when the seat is at its lowest position. The AWD wasn't all that noticeable and gave a false sense of security when the ice and snow came, especially the ice. The Legacy's biggest fault ( in my opinion ) is its brakes are not up to the task stopping a big car ( the Legacy is bigger than the Accord ). Had I bought a WRX STI, then thats a different situation-what with all that power and brakes to handle it but I don't have $35k-40k to spend on those wheels.
As I mentioned before, the few mods I have done on my Acura's/ Honda's are pretty basic. As you know, whats great about Honda's is the ability to mod them and once you start modding, its real difficult NOT to continue. I've had 4 Honda/Acura's and each one was modding to some degree so my track record strongly indicates that I'll mod, no matter what I say or claim right now. ( LOL ). Here's the only mods I'm familiar with: cold air intake, headers, exhaust. Thats pretty much it. I haven't a clue as to all the other mods you briefly mentioned to me ( I apologize about that ahead of time ). I plan on keeping the car for about 10 or so years. Like my 2007 Civic Si, I baby the car when driving ( so as to avoid speeding, I use cruise control a lot --which ironically, I never used in the Legacy ( !! ).
Quick question--in regards to the mods you suggested--was the $$1,500 including installation costs or no?

I think it is funny that people think a 4WD or AWD is the end all be all when it comes to snow. All that helps with is getting the car moving. Nothing helps with ice except for studs and chains...which are illegal pretty much everywhere in the US. Sucks to hear about how bad the brakes were for such a big car.

A downpipe is what the header was. The design of the engine got rid of what most know of as a header. There is now one big 4" oval port coming off the head instead of individual ports.
FlashPro is what you need in order to be able to tune the car.
A sway bar connects the rear wheels. A bigger one will stiffen up the rear suspensions. Reduce bodyroll a bit and the understeer. Basically, it will make your turns feel tighter and handling feel better.
A short shift adapter will, reduce the length of your shifting throws allowing for quicker shifting.

What I quoted was just for the parts.

You can get FlashPro and a tune from VitViper/VitTuned as a bundle for $775 (that is a $119 discount) and the shipping is free.
Sway bar is about $200 -$300 depending on size plus $20-30 for shipping.
Downpipe is $450 plus about $30 for shipping.
Shortshift adapter will cost about $100 shipped.

Sway bar and adapter are easy installs. Downpipe is a bit more difficult, but not overly so. Just need a little patience. There are DIYs here on the site for all three.

I think it is funny that people think a 4WD or AWD is the end all be all when it comes to snow. All that helps with is getting the car moving. Nothing helps with ice except for studs and chains...which are illegal pretty much everywhere in the US. Sucks to hear about how bad the brakes were for such a big car.

A downpipe is what the header was. The design of the engine got rid of what most know of as a header. There is now one big 4" oval port coming off the head instead of individual ports.
FlashPro is what you need in order to be able to tune the car.
A sway bar connects the rear wheels. A bigger one will stiffen up the rear suspensions. Reduce bodyroll a bit and the understeer. Basically, it will make your turns feel tighter and handling feel better.
A short shift adapter will, reduce the length of your shifting throws allowing for quicker shifting.

What I quoted was just for the parts.

You can get FlashPro and a tune from VitViper/VitTuned as a bundle for $775 (that is a $119 discount) and the shipping is free.
Sway bar is about $200 -$300 depending on size plus $20-30 for shipping.
Downpipe is $450 plus about $30 for shipping.
Shortshift adapter will cost about $100 shipped.

Sway bar and adapter are easy installs. Downpipe is a bit more difficult, but not overly so. Just need a little patience. There are DIYs here on the site for all three.
thanks man. This information is really helpful. The mods you suggest are not nearly as expensive as I was picturing. Eventually I may get them for the car ( since I plan on keeping it for a long time ).
I have until next winter to save up for some Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires. In addition to the Blizzak's, my plan is simple when it comes to the winter snow and ice. Rent an SUV for a few days to avoid the brutal roads. ( here in Delaware, it only takes the road crews a day or so to clear the roads, so my thinking is to protect the Civic, I'll do one of two things--go to work a day or so earlier or 4 or 5 hours earlier OR just rent a damn SUV. ) * I work at a television station, so I know when an impending storm is coming and can "try" to prep--operative word is-"try" since we all know forecasting the weather is not accurate.
When it comes to snow and ice, I drive like a really old person. LOL.

Back