k24a4 block cracked?

Sinub

Southern California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Bought an engine from a guy who was moving, my friend got a free engine that had major leaks and problems needing fixing, I got the k24 for $50 wit intake manifolds and exhaust headers, throttle body, fuel injectors and everything, only problem he said is a blown head gasket. I noticed this on the block and Ive never actually seen an engine from this view, so im not sure if its normal or their cracks that were filled

IMAG0236.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for 3 same pictures lol uploaded from my phone and idk what happened

Fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
So cheap. Lol. It's not cracked.

ok good!! haha and i know, im goin to make a frank build!! and im also picking up a k20a3 for $140 this week and a harness for the k24a4 for $100 :) im coming up on killer deals!

hopefully you don't need the deck machined & a new head gasket resolves the issue. cheap fix

hopefully you don't need the deck machined & a new head gasket resolves the issue. cheap fix
taking an engine rebuilding class, they have the machines to mill, bore, hone, grind cranks and cams, port and polish heads so any machining is free for me:) and i just need a cylinder head and oil pump for the k20a2

Nice ! keep us posted on this build we would like to know what kind of monster came out of that lab lol

Nice ! keep us posted on this build we would like to know what kind of monster came out of that lab lol
oh I will, i hope to make 250-275 crank hp with 220ih torque, only a mild build nothibg crazy but the thing im putting it in migjt shock some people..

Does anyone know the Max bore for the k24 without sleeving it? is it 88mm or 87.5mm? Because I did the math and 88mm is a true k24 so that should be safe but some people say it isn't, is that pushing it risky if I plan to daily drive the engine and beat on it? I can't seem to find a straight answer for it. How can I find out without trying it the hard way

Last edited:
Update: Got the engine fully take apart!!! Going to start doing my measurements and then the machining :) @webby would it be okay if I can make a build thread section of this even though its kinda not 9thcivic related?

Here's some pics

Attachments

• IMAG0281(1).jpg
    IMAG0281(1).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0292.jpg
    IMAG0292.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0298(1).jpg
    IMAG0298(1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0304.jpg
    IMAG0304.jpg
    982.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG0305.jpg
    IMAG0305.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Update: Got the engine fully take apart!!! Going to start doing my measurements and then the machining :) @webby would it be okay if I can make a build thread section of this even though its kinda not 9thcivic related?
We have a C1 Corvette build thread here. Go for it!

And I just want to say that I hate you for getting a K24 block for a very low price. :thumb:

Back