Lateral Movement

iShift_6

Sitting in Traffic
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Do any of the short throw assemblies reduce the lateral movement in addition to the fore-aft movement?

I emailed TWM and they claim theirs does, but after studying some photos I fail to see how that's possible.
It looks like the Buddy Club one might, as it's a completely new assembly.
Where they could have increased the location of the "plastic pin" that the cable attaches to.

Any info from you guys would be appreciated.

The cable bushing and base bushing upgrade will definitely make the lateral movement feel much more firm.

The MTEC shifter spring (Sport or Race) will also give a more precise lateral movement in comparison to the stock. It's also a good low budget mod. Here's a thread about the MTEC shifter springs.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/mtec-industries-shift-springs.7486/

Good stuff. Thanks

Not sure how I feel about dismantling the shifter assembly.
I swapped internals once before on my DC5 but didn't dismantle
that assembly. Not so sure about that one...

I was actually thinking something more like this.

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/BILLET-SHIFTER-ARM_p_211.html

Looking at the "arm" of the stock one and Buddy Club one, it looks like they are the same.
But it's really impossible to tell from a photo. If the Buddy Club one doesn't change it,
maybe I'll try to fabricate one on my own. :confused:

I have the Buddy club, my buddy also has a 9th and was having a tough time with 5th when driving my car due to the shortened lat distance. To me it felt shorter but not that dramatic. I throughly enjoy my shifter, I also used the hybrid base bushings

I have the Buddy club, my buddy also has a 9th and was having a tough time with 5th when driving my car due to the shortened lat distance. To me it felt shorter but not that dramatic. I throughly enjoy my shifter, I also used the hybrid base bushings

Great info.

That's the exact setup I'm thinking about.

Thanks for the reply!

Back