:( look what happened today. Boo!

Si_lky_smooth

cd86f63dc9c696765b51d5ef6c87e58e.jpg
c9cfb8c436e9457500c34e4e806f6a25.jpg

Bummer:( How did that happeneed?

Happened right next to my office... 18 wheeler was backing up into a loading bay and in order to avoid an accident I backed up. Unfortunately I thought I had enough space between me and a building in the alley I was backing into, sadly I did not. My attention was on the large truck backing into me.

You can put Dare sticker in the place where ther damage is on the bumper.:wink1:
dare-logo.jpg

Last edited:
@squiggy

Oh chit! Yeah, someone else always has it worse off. What happened there?

Guy ahead of me failed to commit on a right turn on red and jammed on his brakes as I was following him. I make the turn at least five days a week...he was past the point of no return in my experience. Oh well. That is what insurance is for.

Very sorry to hear that. I hate dumb drivers [emoji58] Hopefully you are able to get it all taken care of soon!

Yeah. Fortunately, I was planning on going to the outer lane and only hit corner to corner. Could have been a lot worse. I am going to tear it apart and itemize the parts this weekend before I have the claims adjuster come out. Shouldn't take too long to get everything in order. Easily looking at $2,500 to $3,000 in repairs.

Yours isn't bad, but the bumper will need replaced and painted unfortunately. Probably $1,000 to $1,500 in repairs.

Cha ching! Dang, man.

Hopefully this bumper repair won't be too bad.. My biggest concern is matching the paint. I've found two auto body shops here in the Dallas area I feel real comfortable with, based on reviews. Next step is to get some quotes.

Cha ching! Dang, man.

Hopefully this bumper repair won't be too bad.. My biggest concern is matching the paint. I've found two auto body shops here in the Dallas area I feel real comfortable with, based on reviews. Next step is to get some quotes.

If you haven't had it that long and/or it is garaged, paint matching won't be too big of a deal.

I didn't put the lip kit on until I had the car for two years and they matched the bumper just fine.

Back