Low Beams not working: Need Help!

Jericksen5

My 2012 civic coupe has only been getting driven once a week since Covid started. Went to drive it last week, the low beams aren’t working. Everything else, including the high beams and DRLs are working fine, just the low beams.

I started with the basics.
  • Checked all fuses, interior and exterior. Double checked for continuity. All fuses are fine.
  • Replaced both low beam headlight bulbs. Yes I used the correct specification for the bulbs. Still not working.
  • Replaced the headlight relay in the under hood fuse box. Still not working.
  • Replaced the combo headlight/turn signal switch. Used the exact OEM replacement. Low beams still not working.
Can anyone help? I’m a little lost as to what to do next, or what it could be. :(

Grab a multimeter and unplug the low beam wire plug from the bulb. Turn the car on, or the key into a position where you can see the high beams are functioning and then turn the low beam headlights to on. Run a multimeter to the low beam plug and see if you’re getting power. If you’re not, you could have to trace wiring backwards. You could have a situation where an animal or something chewed through wiring. My wife had the same situation, and lost her low beams. Squirrels, mice, groundhogs etc are all attracted to wiring as it has soy in it.

965F4014-B96D-4C57-934C-47E6D024B9C8.jpeg

Back