-OEM Accord horn swap
-OEM all season floormats
-OEM door visors
-OEM Acura TL rims
-22mm Progress RSB
-Moog swaybar endlinks & bushings
-Debadged trunk
-Custom exhaust tip

I've been apart of this forum for about 6 months now, and just realized that I've never properly introduced myself to you all. I'm from Ottawa, Canada. 25 yrs old

I learned to drive in my dad's 2004 Accord base model, which ended up with over 370,000kms of worry free miles before it was sent to the scrap yard. I never really appreciated what an amazing car it was until I started buying my own used cars...

I had 2 used Nissan Maximas (00' and 02') which gave me nothing but stress and headaches. The 02 was such an oil burner that it used up 1L of oil every week, just commuting to work 20mins away. I decided I was done with Nissan

Here's a pic of my manual transmission LX the day I bought her. I went with alabaster silver paint because I won't have money for carwashes, and silver always looks clean. I really liked taffeta white, but I feel like that color only looks good on higher trim levels, a white base model looks like a rental car IMO.

xGtk9hR.jpg

First thing I did was buy OEM winter floormats to save the interior, and tint the windows to 35%. I would've went darker but wanted to keep it legal in Ottawa (no car related headaches is my new motto)

BFkqa0W.jpg

I had plastidipped my steel wheels white for a few weeks until it began to peel, so I took it all off. I liked the look, and will do it again with proper spray paint when it comes to swap my winter tires on again. Also added rear splashguards

OVbSsVP.jpg

I then debadged the trunk and swapped on a black emblem to further the subtle OEM+ look.

P21Ldxt.jpg

Coming next was sawing the muffler tip off an old Mazda RX7 and welding it onto the stock R18 muffler. Not bad for 50$ and 30 mins

RGrMBsh.jpg

BaiBoA4.jpg

Threw on the rear sway bar from Progress. Absolutely love it. Makes the car feel much more solid.

Added OEM fogs to give it a more upscale look. Very pleased so far. Wish I could turn them on without the headlights but whatever

WQMCbU0.jpg

Many more mods to come. I love the car for what it is, what do you guys think? :)

I'm thinking of doing the horn upgrade kit for safety reasons, and possibly adding an 'X-Brace' for more suspension fun. Anyone have experience or comments regarding the X braces sold by Team3D here?

Last edited:
Very nice man! As a fellow LX owner, I have to say I'm slightly jealous of your 5-speed! Hahaha.

Any further suspension plans? Lowering it at all? Not to knock team3d but I don't think the X-brace will do as much as you might expect for the $$. The chassis itself is fairly stiff and you may get more performance in other places first. I got a c-pillar brace that people raved about "making the car so tight and stiff" which I did not expect and definitely did not feel. It did stop the creaking in my rear window which is why I got it anyway. A lot of bracing is easy to make and sell but doesn't really do that much.

That said, if you like it, get it. If it's just for the bling factor, get it. If you're expecting the same kind of change the rear sway provided, you might be disappointed. That's all.

You still rolling on the stock steelies or do you have a new set of wheels you haven't told us about? A good set of tires are always a great upgrade. I finally bit the bullet for some really good tires and I can't believe how much better they are.

edit: Independant fog light DIY thread. I think theres at least one LX owner in there who did it and it worked.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-independent-fogs-picture-heavy.6121/

Very nice man! As a fellow LX owner, I have to say I'm slightly jealous of your 5-speed! Hahaha.

Any further suspension plans? Lowering it at all? Not to knock team3d but I don't think the X-brace will do as much as you might expect for the $$. The chassis itself is fairly stiff and you may get more performance in other places first. I got a c-pillar brace that people raved about "making the car so tight and stiff" which I did not expect and definitely did not feel. It did stop the creaking in my rear window which is why I got it anyway. A lot of bracing is easy to make and sell but doesn't really do that much.

That said, if you like it, get it. If it's just for the bling factor, get it. If you're expecting the same kind of change the rear sway provided, you might be disappointed. That's all.

You still rolling on the stock steelies or do you have a new set of wheels you haven't told us about? A good set of tires are always a great upgrade. I finally bit the bullet for some really good tires and I can't believe how much better they are.

edit: Independant fog light DIY thread. I think theres at least one LX owner in there who did it and it worked.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-independent-fogs-picture-heavy.6121/

Thanks bro. I remember when I told the salesman at the Honda dealer that I wanted a manual transmission, he got all excited. He said he hasn't sold a manual Civic in months and months. Makes it much more fun and sporty being able to play with the powerband and everything.

I really would like to lower it for looks but I just can't rationalize it, I feel like it will cause me headaches/void warranties/destroy shocks/make winter driving difficult. And coilovers are a bit too much money for me at this moment. Could be possible in the future tho. Thanks for the advice on the x brace, I think I'm gonna forget about it. I was under the impression that it paired with the RSB and made a big difference. but it sounds like that's just hype :)

Wheels are still stock steelies with the ugly OEM hubcaps atm, I'm gonna repaint them white and keep em that way until I come accross a good local deal on Si/RSX/TL/whatever OEM Honda rims. I believe you on the tires though. When I first installed the rear sway bar I had on my winter Michelin X-Ice tires, and the grip around corners was soooo good. Then I eventually had to put the factory all season tires back on for summer, and all handling advantages I gained from the sway bar were instantly negated. The stock tires on the LX are a joke, I'm sliding around everywhere.

Thanks for the foglight DIY link and the interest in my LX :)

Nix is right I remember when I put in my rsb I didn't feel much at all but after the x brace it was very noticeable I think the x brace is great with other suspension mods I recommend h&r springs or coils first

My best friend is the parts guy at my Honda dealer, and sells me everything near cost. What a great set up.

Just picked up an 08 - 10' Accord low tone horn for 15$ and swapped it out. The horn was like twice the size and I'd say 50% louder. I realized this was an important safety mod when I was trying to honk at a giant semi truck on the highway after nearly killing me, and I couldn't even hear my own horn over the truck noise.

My buddy also got one of the techs to install it on the spot for free. Took 10 mins in and out :)

No more 'MEEP'
More 'BOOOOP'

They need accord horns as factory. I've done it on a civic and a fit. Huge difference.

My best friend is the parts guy at my Honda dealer, and sells me everything near cost. What a great set up.

Just picked up an 08 - 10' Accord low tone horn for 15$ and swapped it out. The horn was like twice the size and I'd say 50% louder. I realized this was an important safety mod when I was trying to honk at a giant semi truck on the highway after nearly killing me, and I couldn't even hear my own horn over the truck noise.

My buddy also got one of the techs to install it on the spot for free. Took 10 mins in and out :)

No more 'MEEP'
More 'BOOOOP'
They need accord horns as factory. I've done it on a civic and a fit. Huge difference.
Did you only replace the horn in front of the radiator or both horns (i've read that theres one behind the bumper on the drivers side)

Did you only replace the horn in front of the radiator or both horns (i've read that theres one behind the bumper on the drivers side)
Those were on older vehicles...not the 9th gen. I only replaced one on both though, and they had 2 horns.

If you want to lower the car and not go crazy and still be comfy. H&R or Eibach and Tockino blue struts

I just swapped the one horn infront of the radiator

Nope, thats just stock height. Which is why I'm not in a huge rush to lower it, the wheel gap isnt ridiculous or anything

If you want to lower the car and not go crazy and still be comfy. H&R or Eibach and Tockino blue struts
Noted. I've also read the same thing, thanks for the input :)

Two new updates on the LX

I added the OEM hybrid spoiler, I like how its just a subtle accent on the car. It takes away a bit of the soccer mom vibe and completes the OEM+ look of the rear end

SK4afqG.jpg

I havent seen any civics with this in Ottawa, if anyones thinkin about adding one, I got it for 200$ shipped from Japan through the dealer. You need more than double sided mounting tape to hold it on for the install. The spoiler needs to be bolted to the trunk.

Make sure to repaint around the rim of the holes you drill in the trunk to prevent premature rusting.

I also added a 5% tinted sunstrip to the top of the windshield. It looks great and is actually very practical for keepin the sun out of your eyes :)

just picked up a 2012 Si muffler

I know the flange is different, but all the bends are the same. My buddy is a honda tech and hes gonna make it work, I know if he and I put our heads together we can find a way to connect 2 slightly different pipes together ;)

Pics to come!

Yup. Good luck with that one! I had to cut the flange off the old one and have it welded on the new one. Other than that, good to go. The 8th gen Si bolts right up.

Yup. Good luck with that one! I had to cut the flange off the old one and have it welded on the new one. Other than that, good to go. The 8th gen Si bolts right up.
Thats exactly what we were thinking of doing, thanks for confirming Nix

It was either a dirty old 8th gen muffler with 100k+ or a 2012 muffler with 10k on it. Id rather do a the extra work for the better condition muffler

Reactions: Nix
Plus if you use your old flange on the new one you can use the same gasket. Or get a new one since they are relatively cheap.

Back