Making a rechargeable battery

ac3jason

Maryland, Germantown
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hi guys. I'm trying to make a battery and I need help. I want to make an actual box sized battery. Not interested in making a battery with soda, salt water, ect. I need to make a battery that can store energy. The cost doesn't matter so any tips are accepted. Ill post some information on this subject soon because I found several articles/ journal entries.​

What is the purpose of the battery? What size are you trying to make? Like what is it powering?

Maybe a capacitor is what you are looking for? Basically the difference between a battery and capacitor is the former stores "electricity" as electro-chemical potentials (ie lead-acid) while the latter stores "electricity" as an electric field.

Im doing this for fun... might enter a science competition with it. Not sure. Trying to create a battery that locks after charging to 100%
Non li-ion batterys lose overall battery life because they overcharge. Li-ion batterys supposedly stop charging at 100%. Im guessing it doesnt overcharge BUT it still keeps it capped at 100%...

when its not charging either the charger or battery heats up (not sure, ill read about it again)

Im trying to make a battery that locks and waits to charge untill it drops to whatever % the user wants it to drop to. This is my rough draft of what I want the battery/ charger to do.

This sounds very similar to what a Li-Po hobby battery is used for, but then again most of the overcharge protection functions are built into a quality charger that can read the current battery voltage and then change/reduce output to trickle charge a battery so it stays fully charged even when in storage.

You may be able to try and incorporate that circuitry system into the battery itself so that any plan charger can be used and the battery would do the computing instead of the charger.

Back