MugRR R18 FullRace Turbo Bulld

TanSupaMan

Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
EX
Hello all, I decided to undertake the task of boosting a 2013 Honda Civic EX R18 (Auto Non-CVT) daily driver. I drive ~80 miles daily and wanted to add a bit more power to this great engine. After speaking to their sales/engineer staff in regards to fitment to the 9th gen R18s, I'll be going forward with the R18 FullRace Turbo Kit. Will update soon!

Current Mods:

Engine/Exhaust

• Hondata FlashPro (needs tuning)
    • Injen CAI
    • RDX 410cc injectors (93 Octane)
    • Weapon R Intake Manifold
    • Borla Axleback Exhaust
Wheels/Suspension
  • Konig Oversteer 18" (35mm)
  • Kuhmo 235/40/R18
  • Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bars
  • Moog Links
  • Skunk 2 Springs
  • Truhart Struts
Brakes
  • Wilwood 6 Piston Forged Narrow SuperLite BBK
  • Wilwood Stainless Steel Flexline
  • TYP 200 DOT 4 Fluid

Lighting/Exterior
  • Spec D Black Projector LED DRL Headlights
  • Anzo LED taillights
  • Fog Lights w/ H11 LEDs
  • VOFONO Brake LED Reflectors
  • Morimoto 5500K 50W HIDs
  • Hella Horn Supertones
  • Custom Painted Matte Black grille, lip, side skirts, etc.

Goals: (stock internals/external transmission cooling)
190-220 whp @ 7-8psi
160+ wtq

20191002_113107.jpg PSX_20191012_201023 (1).jpg PSX_20191006_154004.jpg R18Civic2E.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking into the same thing, however the lack of info/people who turbocharged an R18 in the 9th gen is disappointing. Seems like a good engine to turbo at least according to Full Race staff and a few others. If you go this route I will definitely use this thread as a reference when I build mine. Currently it's all stock aside from several visual upgrades like projector headlights and navigation. I am compiling a list of upgrades that would be necessary to make this turbo kit work as it does not come with everything you need but you already have a good base to work with: RDX injectors and better exhaust, you're still going to need a high flow fuel pump and a good tune with FlashPro. Here is the guide for installing an ATF cooler that you will need to have later: http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-at-transmission-cooler-dx-lx-ex-not-for-cvt.13700/ all photos are blurred out but it shouldn't be hard to understand what's going on. I am really curious to see how different the charge piping is compared to the 8th gen and if you will be able to use any of those pipes on your car. Keep us updated!

Oh ho ho~

Someone is attempting the holy grail of R18 Engine modding! I will be watching your progress eagerly. I see that you're gonna run it on the stock block and everything-- so extra points from me!

Can I ask a question about your fuel choice? With your injectors will you switch to E85 after the turbo is installed? Or are you going to stick to 93? :)

Damn! Not sure how I missed this build thread.

Nice work @TanSupaMan :thumbsup: I wasn't expecting to see Wilwood brakes and Hella Horns.

Back