8th Gen My Galaxy Grey FG2!

ryansho94

Whats up everyone! Wanted to introduce myself and my car. I joined 8thcivic years ago and finally just a few months ago I picked up a 07 Fiji blue FA5. Unfortunately I only had it for a few months before it was tboned and totaled. My dad was driving and walked away from the crash! After looking at a few other cars I ended up with a 06 galaxy grey FG2. So far I put my Rota Torques on and started collecting a few parts. The clutch is pretty firm so I bought a Exedy oem clutch, i also ordered Hybrid Racing's clutch master upgrade kit and shifter bushings. Eventually I plan to do I/H/E, flashpro, and im sure alot of other stuff. Anyways here are some pics!

First my FA5

My FG2

Update 1/20/15- Havent updated this thread in ages so this is going to be a pretty big update lol. Got really tired of the crappy fitment of the aftermarket lip so I literally threw it in the trash and picked up a oem HFP lip. What a difference in quality. Ditched the Rota torques and picked up a set of ASA AR1 Black w/polished lip. 17x8+35 and wrapped them with some 225/45-17 Bridgesone Potenza RE070 summer tires. Always been a fan of these wheels and I love the way they look on my car. I also added some Megan rear camber arms because I was getting some slight rubbing on the rear quarters. I added an extra .5deg of camber so the tires now clear the fenders. I installed some oem splash guards. Then came the fun stuff. I got a great deal on a Vibrant Catback. So I threw that on then the car went to Dynotech Tuning in Seekonk MA to get a baseline on their Mustang dyno before more boltons go on and the car gets dyno tuned. Ended up putting down 173whp and 125wtq. Not too bad. Next I picked up a Kidd Racing header that had been fully welded. Took the car for a quick ride to see how the exhaust sounded. It definitely has a more aggressive sound and I can tell there is alot more midrange power now. Still need to pick up a intake and a few other things before it goes back on the dyno for a tune. Here are some pics and videos.

Baseline Dyno with only Vibrant Catback.

View: http://youtu.be/fn5ZPCyfwMw

With kidd racing header

View: http://youtu.be/TqI-3QSji1U

View: http://youtu.be/rfLICDl6HlU

Last edited:
man... that fiji was such a great color too... welcome to the forum though!

Sucks to see the fa5 like that. Fg2 is a nice ride though. Welcome

Thanks everyone! I do miss the fiji blue. Its my favorite color on the 8th gen. Galaxy grey is really growing on me. I used plastidip on the wheels to see if i like white or not. I plan on having them painted white this spring. I just installed the hybrid racing shifter bushings and cmc upgrade. What a difference!

Thanks everyone! I do miss the fiji blue. Its my favorite color on the 8th gen. Galaxy grey is really growing on me. I used plastidip on the wheels to see if i like white or not. I plan on having them painted white this spring. I just installed the hybrid racing shifter bushings and cmc upgrade. What a difference!
Cool I have the hybrid racing cmc upgrade ans a short shifter adapter

Haha I recognize those plates! RI? What part? My gf, now wife, used to live in Providence.

Nice! :thumb:

I used to have a '07 GG Si FG2

Ive never really been a fan of ggm until I got this car. The color really has grown on me. Cant wait to get the paint recall taken care of. However I still prefer fiji blue lol.

Recall? I wasn't aware.

I traded mine 3-1/2 years ago. Never did a thing, barely washed it. Gave it a good cleaning the day I brought it to the dealer, and the salesman said it looked really great.

A little late uploading these but I finally changed my clutch. Had the flywheel resurfaced and installed a exedy oem clutch kit. I also replaced my front sway bar bushings after discovering that someone had wrapped tape around the sway bar. Here are some pics.

Old Clutch

New clutch and machined flywheel

Back