• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Need help

hasu

2013 honda civic lx just changed compressor and condenser last week, when i turn the AC on this nasty mold smell

2013 honda civic lx. 146,xxx miles on it. taken good care of it. recently i was hearing a clicking noise and ac wouldn't work, mechanic said to replace compressor and condenser as compressor clutch may be out.

bought it on rockauto and had mechanic replace that a week ago. when i turned my AC button on today. I this really nasty almost like mold smell. drove 15 mins to my destination. then turned it back on and left it running with windows down, i smelt it again, friend put his head inside and said it almost smells like rubber, left the air on with windows down for about 20 mins.

but when i was driving back home, i turned ac button off (blower on) i started smelling it again. What's going on! I got the kit for compressor, the mechanic said he put a little extra oil in it. I have almost regularly changed both my air filters. i'm not a big car guy. HELP! (it is an IL car park it outside)

ron v

Fuego from San Diego
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
This works. I literally just used ultra shield on my crv.

Smell will come back though.