New here

Metal85

FL
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys, I have looked over several threads here and figured I'd join.
Just got a '12 Si sedan
My 15th vehicle, only other Honda's I have had was my Prelude and TL
421760_457163870994547_972309206_n.jpg

Anyways looking forward to learning some things, and hopefully only asking things that haven't been asked, not sure how you guys are yet on that, I know some sites more or less want a book, and once a chapter has been covered they never want to cover it again.
I have done a bunch of stuff in the past to cars in my garage, looking to do a few to the new one :D

Welcome to the forum. You can ask anything. You may be linked to some helpful posts/answers, but you won't be flamed like some other boards. Congrats on your purchase. Pics of the 9th gen?

ci1.jpg ci2.jpg ci3.jpg
Welcome to the forum. You can ask anything. You may be linked to some helpful posts/answers, but you won't be flamed like some other boards. Congrats on your purchase. Pics of the 9th gen?
Thanks brutha! I like that. I haven't been on a lot of forums, I was an admin on a bodybuilding one, and we have a great group there with that attitude, so that's awesome man!
I'm not a novice with the car game, but also no expert like some of the guys you have here, so I'm very interested to learn and see people's ideas.
I don't have anything done to it yet, just bought it 2 days ago but here are a few

Last edited:
Yes, welcome! Ask any question you like in the appropriate place and you may get a canned answer but I certainly don't mind helping where I can. Same with almost everyone else here. There are definitely well known part upgrades that can make a huge difference that most people recommend as a starting place so it just depends on what your goals are for the car or areas you feel it is lacking.

Let us know and we will all try and point you in the right direction.

@Metal85 the pics aren't working for me above. You may want to use the "upload a file" button next to the "post reply" button. That'll let you upload the pics here, or you can use a service like imgur.com, photobucket etc to host your images.

@Metal85 the pics aren't working for me above. You may want to use the "upload a file" button next to the "post reply" button. That'll let you upload the pics here, or you can use a service like imgur.com, photobucket etc to host your images.
Hey sorry about that, I copied and pasted them the first time (works some places) loaded them :)

Yes, welcome! Ask any question you like in the appropriate place and you may get a canned answer but I certainly don't mind helping where I can. Same with almost everyone else here. There are definitely well known part upgrades that can make a huge difference that most people recommend as a starting place so it just depends on what your goals are for the car or areas you feel it is lacking.

Let us know and we will all try and point you in the right direction.

Cool thanks man,
***I think my goals are-
Tein S techs
Mugen spoiler
Possibly take off the intake resonator (I did it on the Prelude bc there's a butterfly valve on that one, I haven't had a chance to look at this one yet)
Headlights
Tail lights (led)
LED's for interior/trunk/plate
Exhaust (I'm super specific on what I like with that, so I def need to research a ton, nothing loud on this for me though)
New OEM Plugs (even though this car only has 34k miles, I like to start fresh)
Rad flush (start fresh) ***
Only thing I did so far is
take the CIVIC emblem off
& order LED Fog's

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
intake reso
487336_429586550418946_13220389_n.jpg

IACV cleaned
480963_432567070120894_1263374418_n.jpg

Vtec and oil spool
532205_436367109740890_697384669_n.jpg

after
599632_436367156407552_2028484662_n.jpg

and when I changed the timing,all the seals, belts, water pump, tensioner etc
378309_442687125775555_1915126422_n.jpg

If I ever decided to buy an older Honda as a project car it would probably be a last gen Prelude. Always loved them, but couldn't afford one when they were new.

If I ever decided to buy an older Honda as a project car it would probably be a last gen Prelude. Always loved them, but couldn't afford one when they were new.
I got a great deal on this, a stoner had it, the throttle cable was so loose that it actually drooped down, but I had to do a lot to it. I changed the oil 3 times in 1200 miles lol I had to clear up the yellow lenses with plastic X for a while, but they came out nice, and I used a rattle can for everything I painted and it came out pretty nice, but I took my time

If I ever decided to buy an older Honda as a project car it would probably be any Honda from 1990's. Always loved them, but can't afford a project car right now.

Agreed

from another angle, I basically made this nice for the person I sold it too lol
249633_457162644328003_445451671_n.jpg

Back