New K&N SRI

installation -
http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/69-1019_inst.pdf
69-1019TS.jpg

My phone would not let me post the pick it made 2 links to the webs site :eek:

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

no worries. I haven't seen this intake yet. Thanks for posting

Don't think I will be getting this intake. But a little info from what I seen this weekend from removing my resonator. You could probably make a cheap ram air set up with this .once you remove the resonator just add some kinda pipes down there to collect the cold air.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

This looks a fair bit more complex than intakes I've installed in the past. Having to install new coolant lines came as a surprise to me. Now I have to better inspect my engine bay when my wife gets home with it. I wonder what the stock intake has to do with coolant lines.

The additional torque is one of the wow-factors about the K24. If I am reading the dyno correctly, the K24 with SRI takes a big hit on torque in the front end of the chart; then it gains torque over stock quite fast. Can anyone who has an SRI add-on comment on any differences they have noticed?

the stuff above 2k is basically where you should read. When they're on the dyno in 4th gear, you're already spinning the rollers pretty good when they actually start reading the numbers.

I found this last week and was super pumped!!! I purchased and will recieve on Monday. I really like KN intakes, and have purchased a couple for different vehicles. I really like their workmanship right down from the packaging, to the use of engine compartment. I will give comments once I get it in

~~~~PLEASE READ IF INSTALLING SOON~ ok so I got the intake and installed, but not 100% as it should be...keep reading. OK so if your going to install it READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!! I decided to do my own thing and jumped around...making it extra painful. The metal tube itself will make you laugh.its so short!!!!!l;lol but looks correct when installed. This setup comes with the pipe a black sleeve and super glue. You have to put super glue on the sleeve and insert the sleve to match up with the MAF hole, the purpose of that is to create a smooth surface by covering up the welds on the inside. WARNING! practice puting on the sleeve with no super glue....better yet, insert the sleeve aligning it with the hole then pull it out a tiny bit to put super glue on it then push it back in. This is where I messed up!!!!!!!!!! I put super glue on the sleeve first, then stuck it in, un aligned!!FML!!!!!!!!!!!!! l then did a hack job of riping that insert out, scratching and denting the inside!!! long story short, I smoothed it out as best I could installed and called KN...they will send me a replacement free of charge. Now, if you have a throttle spacer as I do, it will fit by sliding the pipe all the way up to the ruber piece that connects it to the filter. I might have to cut the pipe or remove spacer because I feel that the placement of the pipe is not right, there for causing a trrr trrr trr sound when accelerating instead of a wooooaaaahhhhh (best way I can explain) I thing the fast moving air hits an angle, if that wasnt there, the air would move freely into the throttle.other than the messed up job I did, I really like the power it has given my car. When I took it for a test drive, I was driving it hard and it was hitting 100 really really fast!! I was like holy crap!!! better slow down. I also hear a "hissing" "whistle" sound when I gun it. I am happy with it especially since kn is sending me a replacement of the tainted parts.
Overall: I can feel a difference in power even with my nicked and dented inside. KN also guarantees that you will gain horsepower. The car is louder and smoother, and by the looks of my imid slow driving will have lots of mpg gain. I paid 291 and not thrilled with the mini pipe, but the investment comes with the proper use of the engine bay. everything is mounted firm with no extra movement and the design looks like it will pull cool air, the rubber piece sits flush with the hood when closed. If it where up to me.....250 is a fair price, what keeps me satisfied is kn customer service and willing to not let me throw away 291 by sending replacement. I wanted to do videobut this install is not correct as of yet. thanks yallintake 1.JPGintake 2.JPGintake 3.JPG

~~~~PLEASE READ IF INSTALLING SOON~ ok so I got the intake and installed, but not 100% as it should be...keep reading. OK so if your going to install it READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!!! I decided to do my own thing and jumped around...making it extra painful. The metal tube itself will make you laugh.its so short!!!!!l;lol but looks correct when installed. This setup comes with the pipe a black sleeve and super glue. You have to put super glue on the sleeve and insert the sleve to match up with the MAF hole, the purpose of that is to create a smooth surface by covering up the welds on the inside. WARNING! practice puting on the sleeve with no super glue....better yet, insert the sleeve aligning it with the hole then pull it out a tiny bit to put super glue on it then push it back in. This is where I messed up!!!!!!!!!! I put super glue on the sleeve first, then stuck it in, un aligned!!FML!!!!!!!!!!!!! l then did a hack job of riping that insert out, scratching and denting the inside!!! long story short, I smoothed it out as best I could installed and called KN...they will send me a replacement free of charge. Now, if you have a throttle spacer as I do, it will fit by sliding the pipe all the way up to the ruber piece that connects it to the filter. I might have to cut the pipe or remove spacer because I feel that the placement of the pipe is not right, there for causing a trrr trrr trr sound when accelerating instead of a wooooaaaahhhhh (best way I can explain) I thing the fast moving air hits an angle, if that wasnt there, the air would move freely into the throttle.other than the messed up job I did, I really like the power it has given my car. When I took it for a test drive, I was driving it hard and it was hitting 100 really really fast!! I was like holy crap!!! better slow down. I also hear a "hissing" "whistle" sound when I gun it. I am happy with it especially since kn is sending me a replacement of the tainted parts.
Overall: I can feel a difference in power even with my nicked and dented inside. KN also guarantees that you will gain horsepower. The car is louder and smoother, and by the looks of my imid slow driving will have lots of mpg gain. I paid 291 and not thrilled with the mini pipe, but the investment comes with the proper use of the engine bay. everything is mounted firm with no extra movement and the design looks like it will pull cool air, the rubber piece sits flush with the hood when closed. If it where up to me.....250 is a fair price, what keeps me satisfied is kn customer service and willing to not let me throw away 291 by sending replacement. I wanted to do videobut this install is not correct as of yet. thanks yall
Excellent tips caualvic, thanks!
Can you tell me if the air box (heat sheild) gets sealed off much at the top against the hood forcing air to be drawn from the fresh air tube? I'm sure it's better to draw cooler air from somewhere away from the hot engine bay.:flame:

cool it fits with a TB spacer might replace my home made intake with this since I like the heat shield!

Back