New Member 2013 Sedan

ronrico418

civicsi_zps69828fe5.jpg

welcome to the site man :) apart from the pinstripe delete and tint you have anything else planned?

Welcome to the forum! I think the removal of the pinstripes and getting tint is a great idea!
What about removing the i-vtec stickers for an extra clean look? That's up to personal taste though

welcome to the site man :) apart from the pinstripe delete and tint you have anything else planned?
I have plans for a supercharger after 35k miles
Some high end audio probably sooner than later, leaning towards Audison Mille components ran active. Does anyone know how i keep the setup features from my stock stereo when leaning towards Pioneer or Alpine DVD double din settup
I am considering how to lower some with either springs or some type of coilovers, lots of research to do.... open for suggestions.

Welcome :wavey: Removing the pinstripes was the first thing I did when I bought my car.
I think the pinstripes look sharp and they did a perfect job on them but if Chip Foose was building one of these he would follow a different line. As good as they look I think the pinstripes are taking away from other contours of the body. Thems gotta go!

Welcome to the forum! I think the removal of the pinstripes and getting tint is a great idea!
What about removing the i-vtec stickers for an extra clean look? That's up to personal taste though
I like the Vtec logo but probably no other stickers. Would probably delete logo if I do a body kit but not sure yet.

im really looking forward to seeing your progress! if you need anything man feel free to ask any of the staff or anyone for that matter everyone is more than willing to help out. :)

nat3d, Thanks for your continued hospitality

Late last night, I found myself staring at my car after having spent several hours on this very sight looking at other Si's. After feeling 9th gen inspired, I believe, I really like the Honda type R red badges Made in Japan that some members have modded. Does anyone hate those? I'm open to opinions and views and am currently leaning towards making a small purchase.

I will start a build thread this week after tint, pinstripe delete pics.

Also think I'm leaning towards Eibach Springs 2" front 1.5" rear or somewhere around there. Just a simple static drop for now, to ensure I don't catch any nosebleeds from being at such a constant high altitude. I red more than one post about springs settling..... Would it be best to let it settle for 2 weeks w/o driving to much or does it have to be driven a lot.

Can I just do springs or will I have to add something else?

nat3d, Thanks for your continued hospitality

Late last night, I found myself staring at my car after having spent several hours on this very sight looking at other Si's. After feeling 9th gen inspired, I believe, I really like the Honda type R red badges Made in Japan that some members have modded. Does anyone hate those? I'm open to opinions and views and am currently leaning towards making a small purchase.

I will start a build thread this week after tint, pinstripe delete pics.

Also think I'm leaning towards Eibach Springs 2" front 1.5" rear or somewhere around there. Just a simple static drop for now, to ensure I don't catch any nosebleeds from being at such a constant high altitude. I red more than one post about springs settling..... Would it be best to let it settle for 2 weeks w/o driving to much or does it have to be driven a lot.

Can I just do springs or will I have to add something else?
oh god no problem at all man. as far as your first question i like them but dont own them because i dont like the chrome H (and i just havent felt like dropping that much on emblems and overlays.) also its YOUR car do what YOU want we here at 9thcivic value everyones opinion and respect their chosies (unlike other forums) if you like them add them. as far as springs i dnot know that much. many other members have lowered. i have not..... yet. maybe @Nix could chime in. i just know he has helpped me with suspension before. i also am intersted because i wanna do coils this spring.

Hey ron, welcome to the site! Sounds like you've already got some big plans in the works with the SC once you get some miles rung up.

As far as the badges go... if you like it - do it. If you get tired of the red you can always get vinyl overlays and completely change the color. The red "JDM" badges are often "replicas" or... well... just plain fake. Don't be fooled by price either. Full price ones can and have been sold even though they were reps. You can get cheap replicas on amazon for like $20 if you're just gonna cover them with vinyl but fitment may be an issue. I recommend the real deal just for the fitment issue alone. I can't stand gaps and poor placement or sizing. If the reps were spot on other than color and finish id say go for it.

Hit up some of the forum sponsors and you will always get taken care of. You'll probably find lots of other stuff on their sites that you "need" as well. hahaha.

www.corsportusa.com - go check these guys out for legit JDM emblems and tons of other parts.

www.grfxp.com - for vinyl stuff... its kinda hard to find so ill drop some links.

emblem overlays:

http://grfxpstore.com/store/product/885037099

overlay main page:

http://grfxpstore.com/store/search/results?search_query=overlay&x=-439&y=-137

Upgraded suspension is always a win. It all just depends on budget, goals for the car, and what you want to get out of it. I can definitely help you with some suggestions but just give me an idea what you're thinking and ill try and give some advice.

I think the best place to start is with an upgraded rear sway bar. Progress makes a 22mm and a new larger 24mm. Best bang for the buck performance wise. You can feel it right away. It's a quick, easy, bolt on project, takes maybe 1.5-2 hours, and there are DIY guides on here as well.

Allright so sorry for the long post but let us know what you're thinking and where you want to go. Tons of helpful people here who are definitely willing to guide and suggest things.

lol i need to ask you what direction i should go with my suspension nix

Back