New Member - 8th Si Sedan Owner

Chett_says

Hello everyone. I'm Chett, somewhat of a lurker from 8thcivic.com. I own a 2010 DBP Si sedan, which I bought as a 24th birthday gift to myself. I work at a Honda dealership in Kentucky, mainly in parts, but also write service on occasion. I'm not much of a fan of the 9th generation Civics, but they're starting to grow on me. If I hang on to my Si, I'll definitely be putting some 2012 Si wheels on it.

I've been an avid fan of Honda for many years, even co-owning and operating a local Honda forum out of my hometown in Arkansas. My previous cars include: 1993 Miata (essentially a daily driven autocross car with every bolt-on you could think of), a 2005 Civic VP sedan (cheap, reliable transportation to school), a 1993 Prelude Si (my JDM parts obsession car that suffered catastrophic engine failure), and a 2001 Miata SE (the car I regret purchasing).

I had been eyeing the 8th generation Civic since concept, and wanted one the second they came out. At first I was a huge fan of the coupes, but my JDM obsessed side wanted the sedan. I settled on the sedan, thinking for the future. If I still had the car and had a kid, I'd want the back seats.

For a future vehicle, I'm definitely going Honda/Acura. The Crosstour, Ridgline, and TSX Sportwagon are all very high on my list, but I'd like to see what Honda has to offer in the future. My Civic is still treating me fine right now, so no reason to give it the boot.

Here's a few photos of my vehicles.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

MiataFun12172008016.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_0629b.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

Welcome to the site! Quite the collection of cars there... you mention the 2012 civic rims - are you wanting the oem ones, or the hfp rims,.. or? Any reason you regret the miata?

Thanks, guys! For the 2012 Civic rims, I'm looking for OEM Si, preferrably with tires. I'm not much a fan of the HFP rims.

The regret the second Miata because I truly wanted a Honda, but I settled. The vehicle developed several annoyance issues over the years, and several parts were hard to find, since it was an SE model. I had hoped that it would be as fun as my first Miata, but it wasn't anywhere close.

Thanks guys!

I thought I'd share a few more photos. I didn't post any of the 1993 Miata.

7b.jpg

1b.jpg

IM000314.jpg

A portion of the death of the Prelude.

imgs_0384.jpg

IMG_0037-1.jpg

Back