New Takeda Retain Intake for the 2012+ R18 Civic

Finally a "short ram" style intake for all your R18 DX, LX, EX (and HF) owners! Takeda is about to release a new intake system for the 2012+ R18 Civic. It uses the stock airbox bottom – but with a cone filter inside. Technically the Retain intake is normally a short ram style intake, but in this case it is partly cold air since it re-uses the bottom part of the OEM air box. Apparently it made more power than a pipe style short ram intake. Dyno charts will follow soon. Power gains are 6 hp and 7 ft-lbs.

Oh, and the FIRST 20 kits sold by Takeda will come with a FREE EXTRA FILTER AND A CLEANING KIT. Normally, we supply the Pro Dry S" air filter with all the Takeda intakes we sell, but the first 20 of these will also include the oiled Pro 5R filter and a cleaning kit.

Here is the link to purchase the intake: http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-70_169/product-1168/index.html

28934_1168___2012%20R18.jpg

Last edited:
price aint that bad. really looking at this

so these are available now, or they're working on it?

PRO Civic am i one of the first 20? just put in my order. so pumped

Last edited:
PRO Civic am i one of the first 20? just put in my order. so pumped

Yes, you definitely should be one of the first 20. We have only sold about 5 so far, and so another vendor would have had to sell 15 of them for you to not be one of the first 20. This is very unlikely since the product wasn't even officially announced by Takeda when we posted up the info here.

so these are available now, or they're working on it?

The dyno charts? Still nothing yet, I'm going to ask about that today.

As far as the intakes, they will take about 1 week or so to ship. Again, we kind of made an early announcement here because we wanted to get the word out about the free stuff with the first 20 orders.

I didn't know if the intakes were available yet...or in development. They have a dyno sheet on their site -

afe.png

got a call from the guys over at PRO Civic just letting me know the status of my order yesterday. they said it should ship within 2 weeks because they dont have any yet. very happy with their customer service :)

oh and with the dyno sheets can someone explain to me why at the end rather than it just arcing off like the stock one did why it does like a loop?

Hmmm....we did not get this dyno yet from Takeda. I wonder if they meant to post this. It looks like this particular one was not a clean run. I'll update this thread if I find out anything more.

any word on when this will ship man?

any word on when this will ship man?

Should be about 1 more week, according to Takeda. I hope their ETA is accurate. I don't normally like giving exact times for brand new products, because there often are unforeseen delays. I can tell you we are getting the first intakes that will be made and we'll ship them the day we get them.

Hi! I had a question about pro dry s filter.
I recieved pro 5 r with restore kit...and what about pro dry s restore?wnat shoud i do with it?

Back