New to the car scene

alldaytr3y_aj

LA California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
hey everybody... I would just like to ask for some tips and advice on how to start modding my car. I have a 2014 civic si coupe. I just wanna know where do i start and what mods should i get for it.. I'm thinking about getting coilovers first and what's a good brand to buy.. Thank you guys in advance.

Hey there,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of help available. Just let us know which direction you want to go with your car and people will be glad to help.

For suspension stuff this thread is a good place to start:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-honda-civic-suspension-options-with-product-info-links.6860/

As far as engine stuff goes one of the first things you should look into is Hondata Flashpro and getting a tune. Even stock it makes a big difference in how well the car drives and behaves.

Hey there,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of help available. Just let us know which direction you want to go with your car and people will be glad to help.

For suspension stuff this thread is a good place to start:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-honda-civic-suspension-options-with-product-info-links.6860/

As far as engine stuff goes one of the first things you should look into is Hondata Flashpro and getting a tune. Even stock it makes a big difference in how well the car drives and behaves.

Hey Nix thanks for the reply... When you said "which way would i like to go" what do you mean by that? I'm sorry i clearly have poor knowledge about cars but i really wanna learn a lot about it.. Thanks!

Just what your goals are for the car, how you would like it to end up looking. Whether you are interested in doing auto cross, track days, or just for driving around. There are lots of different parts out there and some will have a different focus than others. There are always trade offs but overall if you have an idea of what you want we can help guide you.

For example the stock intake system on the car is very very good. There are a lot of aftermarket intakes but only a couple have been shown to have true hp gains. So if you're looking for more power, there are better places to spend money instead of an intake, which is generally one of the first parts people swap out.

Just what your goals are for the car, how you would like it to end up looking. Whether you are interested in doing auto cross, track days, or just for driving around. There are lots of different parts out there and some will have a different focus than others. There are always trade offs but overall if you have an idea of what you want we can help guide you.

For example the stock intake system on the car is very very good. There are a lot of aftermarket intakes but only a couple have been shown to have true hp gains. So if you're looking for more power, there are better places to spend money instead of an intake, which is generally one of the first parts people swap out.

Thanks for the knowledge that you've been giving me.. My car is daily driven, My goal is for it to look good and perform well at the same time... if that makes sense, thanks again.

I'd reconsider coilovers then. Coilovers are going to give you the look but not perform well for daily driving.

So i guess i just have to nake my car look good then, if you have any suggestions please help me out and thank you for the response.

Welcome aboard!:sinking:

The search bar would probably be your best friend to start getting ideas from examples as webby mentioned. As far as coilovers vs springs(/struts), a coilover is more track oriented and springs are more DD IF you don't go for super low drops with springs. Both styles can have a progressive rate spring that gives some cush on light bumps but when loaded up, like during a turn, will give a solid feel and minimal body roll. Some people pair the springs route with new performance struts/shocks as factory shocks can wear out quicker with lowering springs.

I would prefer a spring/strut combo as it can be cheaper (if you know someone or can do the labor yourself otherwise that is a cost to consider) and I DD mine and rarely track it. Eibach pro kit for my choice in springs. Just my 2 cents

Welcome aboard!:sinking:

The search bar would probably be your best friend to start getting ideas from examples as webby mentioned. As far as coilovers vs springs(/struts), a coilover is more track oriented and springs are more DD IF you don't go for super low drops with springs. Both styles can have a progressive rate spring that gives some cush on light bumps but when loaded up, like during a turn, will give a solid feel and minimal body roll. Some people pair the springs route with new performance struts/shocks as factory shocks can wear out quicker with lowering springs.

I would prefer a spring/strut combo as it can be cheaper (if you know someone or can do the labor yourself otherwise that is a cost to consider) and I DD mine and rarely track it. Eibach pro kit for my choice in springs. Just my 2 cents

Wow... I really like the ideas that you guys giving me.. Regarding with the springs/struts combo what is the best brand to buy and how much should i drop my car to have a somewhat smooth ride?

This forum is a big help for me, thank you guys again.

I daily drive 130+ miles a day I have skunk2 springs. I have No complaints. I wanted some more sound so I went with the invidia q300 it's a little louder but not over kill.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back