New to the forums

Caestus75

Hello all. I've recently just purchased a 2014 Honda Civic Si. So far I am loving the car :)

I will post a few pictures once I do a few body mods. (Nothing serious) But yeah still want it to look nice haha

Welcome to the site! What are your plans for it?

Right now I will be putting on the body side molding and splash guards myself. I will then be installing the interior red LEDs. I recently added a sub/amp to the system and I am debating on lowering the car.... maybe doing a sway bar instead. I am still unsure on the best route for lowering a tad... Camber kit etc.

Oh I also painted my Calipers red the other day.

Right now I will be putting on the body side molding and splash guards myself. I will then be installing the interior red LEDs. I recently added a sub/amp to the system and I am debating on lowering the car.... maybe doing a sway bar instead. I am still unsure on the best route for lowering a tad... Camber kit etc.

Oh I also painted my Calipers red the other day.
Lowering springs are a good alternative to coils if you still want your car functional but also to look nice

Lowering springs are a good alternative to coils if you still want your car functional but also to look nice
\

How much extra stress would there be on the rest of the suspension? Also is it best practice to purchase a camber kit?

\

How much extra stress would there be on the rest of the suspension? Also is it best practice to purchase a camber kit?
Well on stock struts they will wear out quick but not as quick as you think... you should save up for aftermarket struts, also you could purchase a camber kit if you know how to use it... seems cheaper then a third party alignment

Well on stock struts they will wear out quick but not as quick as you think... you should save up for aftermarket struts, also you could purchase a camber kit if you know how to use it... seems cheaper then a third party alignment

It would still be my impression that even with a camber kit one would still need an alignment. The Camber kit would be to help prevent extra tire wear. I think I might wait and save up a bunch and just do a proper lowering rather than just springs... I think I would like to do, springs, struts, and a camber kit all at once.

It would still be my impression that even with a camber kit one would still need an alignment. The Camber kit would be to help prevent extra tire wear. I think I might wait and save up a bunch and just do a proper lowering rather than just springs... I think I would like to do, springs, struts, and a camber kit all at once.
Well camber kits do help you align wheel, lowering springs are a cheaper alternative. Take a look at the eibach pro kit

Well camber kits do help you align wheel, lowering springs are a cheaper alternative. Take a look at the eibach pro kit

Cheaper is great, however, I want to ensure it's not going to cost more in the long run! Ugh that's the last thing I want. I'd rather do a quality job where I can budget for the mods/fixes/upgrades rather than a nice shot to the ribs as a big hello... here, spend money you might not have saved!

29pq9oh.jpg

24ln75x.jpg

2ee8sgp.jpg

A few body mods... I did Red Calipers, body side molding and splash guards. I kind of like the black splash guards.

Cheaper is great, however, I want to ensure it's not going to cost more in the long run! Ugh that's the last thing I want. I'd rather do a quality job where I can budget for the mods/fixes/upgrades rather than a nice shot to the ribs as a big hello... here, spend money you might not have saved!
True I advise coilovers then. Those are the best if the best but theyll put a dent in your bank account

I do mostly Highway driving so the Si isn't too bad for me. There is some HEAVY traffic at times on the Highway here at some times though... Usually I can avoid it due to my work hours though. Currently I drive 60 miles round trip to and from work. The first thing I did was add the subwoofer I had in my Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V lol...

you may be confused about camber. Camber is the angle the wheels are at. The car will gain negative camber as you lower it. To correct negative camber, or to be able to set how much camber you want, you need camber arms for the rear & bolts for the front.

ikK5cly.jpg

too much negative camber and you'll wear tires on the inside edge -

pBfuJYC.jpg

Regardless of lowering springs or coilovers, you'll need an alignment after the installation. Some people wait a week or so to let the springs settle.

Back