New to this forum

zurick

Hello everyone!
Just sign up to this forum, I don't really use forum but I decided to join to gain knowledge on my future mods.

I bought my Si last July and had over 7k mile on them, already drove from NorCal to SoCal twice so I guess engine break has been done but I haven't use the vTec yet! but I almost vtec my engine from the first day I bought my car bcuz some1 taunting me to race him (he got frs) but I figured it out that I only have 5 miles from my odo so I just let him go. But now I'm ready to feel and hear the vtec.

I have done some slight mode here are the pics:
si1.JPG friend told me that the stock wheels are too riceee...just thought white rims is perfect for ASM..

si0.JPG reminded me of my old 4wd CRV!:sleep: car is too high..

si2.JPG so decided to lower it:wink1: but the ride is tough! not comfortable :bleh:

si4.JPG so decided to get high profile tires :hyper: now the ride is smooth like stock:brock:

si3.JPG after alignment! this is how it sits now :domokundance:

sorry for the pics! just use my camera phone..

Last edited by a moderator:
D2 springs, I was choosing between d2 and h&r. I choose d2 for practicality though I was surprised with ride comfort IMO d2 has smooth ride than H&r. I used to have mazda Miata lowered with H&r and the ride is worst as hell

D2 springs, I was choosing between d2 and h&r. I choose d2 for practicality though I was surprised with ride comfort IMO d2 has smooth ride than H&r. I used to have mazda Miata lowered with H&r and the ride is worst as hell

Did you perhaps have the Race springs? I, and many others, have H&R Sports (only ones available) for the 9th Gen and the overall consensus is that they are the closest to stock ride quality.

My tire size was 205/40 it was not comfortable for daily driving and I always scratch underneath it was really low every time I hit a bump stop I could feel the scratch to the bone then I switched to 205/50 for the benefits of ride comfort and correcting speedo and it feels like I'm on stock springs.

What is the size of the wheels that you have? They look really small. With staggered wheels you always need low profile tires and have your car really low to make it look good. Also stretched tire helps a lot.

You are heading in the right direction just needs more lower and stretch.:thumbsup: I would suggest getting coilovers and camber kits.

I used to have that size aesthetically nice but it sacrifices the ride comfort and error reading on the odometer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413998744.132380.jpg

Thinking about getting side skirts and rear kit? Does anyone tried having body kit side and rear only? Does it looks weird?

Get the whole kit. Having skirts and back lip will look like someone stole your front lip.

Back