NitrousG35 has gone in a new direction...

NitrousG35

At the end of July, my son got a brand new, 2011 Evo GSR. We traded in our beloved G35 in for it. After only a month of ownership, he has added a Magnaflow 3" exhaust, AMS boost pill and a TephraMod tune done by Ron Soliman of RSMotors in Minnesota. The car made an amazing 80 hp more with just these mods and the tune.

Right after that, I was approached by a fellow 8th Gen member about selling my Si to him. After a lot of discussion and soul searching, I decided to sell my even more beloved Si. It actually brought me to tears when I sold it because I loved that car so much.

So, with the money from the sale of my Si, I decided to buy an Evo for myself. I searched far and wide throughout the United States to find a decently priced Octane Blue Evo X. I found one in Texas. Had the car shipped up to my homestate of Minnesota and now our family has two Evos.

When the car arrived, it was absolutely filthy from the road trip. My son and I spent 10 hours detailing it, washing 2x, claybarring with aggressive claybar, polished with Meguiar's 205 on my Flex DA, one coat of Menzerna Power Lock sealant and 2 coats of DP Max carnauba wax. The car turned out really well. Hope you chaps enjoy the pics!

My Civic Si that I just recently sold:

LatestCivicpicsandsound017.jpg

LatestCivicpicsandsound015.jpg

LatestCivicpicsandsound013.jpg

My Octane Blue Evo arriving on the transporter from Texas:

BlueEvo001.jpg

BlueEvo002.jpg

New Octane Blue Evo X GSR:
BlueEvo021.jpg

BlueEvo020.jpg

BlueEvo017.jpg

BlueEvo011.jpg

BlueEvo009.jpg

BlueEvo010.jpg

BlueEvo012.jpg

BlueEvo025.jpg

Two Evos, Wicked White and Octane Blue together:

BlueEvo007.jpg

BlueEvo024-1.jpg

BlueEvo008-1-1.jpg

BlueEvo031-1.jpg

BlueEvo014-1.jpg

BlueEvo013-1.jpg

BlueEvo033.jpg

^ Thanks Christina. I will always have a fondness for my Si however. And I will never forget the great times I had on 8th Gen before it went to the dogs...

I really want that white one. I think they look like stormtroopers :giggle:
Yeah, I still miss our FBP FA5 :sadbanana: Every time I see one it hurts badly

Sorry to hear you sold the SI but getting a EVO works..... If it was a Subie it would be better thou.......lol

The car made an amazing 80 hp more with just these mods and the tune.

car looks great man, or should I say cars. Do you have a copy of the dyno run, or the #'s it ended up making before/after the tune? Looks like you got a freaking amazing shine after the detail work. So, what's the plan now... let the modding begin?

I like the color on the blue evo.

car looks great man, or should I say cars. Do you have a copy of the dyno run, or the #'s it ended up making before/after the tune? Looks like you got a freaking amazing shine after the detail work. So, what's the plan now... let the modding begin?
Kevin, thanks for the compliments. My son has a dyno sheet somewhere. I will try to find it and post it up. And yes, both of us will be modding away, much to the chagrin of my wife who hates us modding cars LOL. You know how it goes: intake, exhaust, then intercooler piping, then intercooler upgrade, then turbo upgrade. It never ends.

I am on 5 Mitsubishi/Evo forums. Evolutionm.net is very professionally run. The members seem much more mature and well behaved. Kind of reminds me of 8th Gen back in the good old days before the new owner and all the rabble that have joined the site. I got a kick out of the thread about how the site has fallen off. I would post there myself, but I have not logged in since last October and have no intention of ever going back there. Once you left, the site really held no more appeal for me. I want to thank you again Kevin for that magical time that many of us had.

I actually saw your old SI yesterday.

Nice Evo. I like the Father and son theme. :)

I got to see your Si in action at the dragon this weekend, sounds heavenly
Good, I am glad that is sounds great. That car was definitely the most fun car I have ever owned. I had it just about where I wanted it with mods without pouring tons of money into the motor. I know the car is in good hands and will be given the TLC that I gave it. Still, I miss it a lot and still get emotional when I see pictures of it. I know it sounds crazy to get so attached to a mere machine, but somehow cars are different. They almost have a personality and they become part of a family. Here's to the 8th Gen Civics!

Nice choice on the best two colors. Enjoy.. so many things available for the X's. Only money is the limiting factor..

You might want to see a doctor about that cough you have there, Brett. Sounds expensive...

Back