***Offical 8thFest 2013 thread Ocean City, MD***

Six_speed_demon

MID-ATL CREW (fort washington md)
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Heckler88;11101245 said:
Please read the entire post before posting questions! We may not have every answer today but we will be posting updates as they come in.
*2013 Organizers*
-Wannavtec
-Heckler88

WELCOME TO THE 2013 8TH FEST INFO AND SIGN UP THREAD!!
This thread will be updated and maintained with the most up to date head count, sponsors, prizes, etc. that we're able to keep. Please check in regularly for updates.
***NEW LOCATION FOR 2013***
8th Fest 2013
June 8th from 11am-7pm
Ocean City Convention Center
4001 Coastal Hwy. (40th Street)
Ocean City, MD 21842
UPDATE
Pre-Meet and Greet
When: Friday, June 7th from 5pm – 8pm
Where: 94th Street Parking Lot (Roses) Ocean City, MD
(Cruise on the Strip to follow)
MARK THE DATE NOW IN YOUR CALENDAR!!! YOU HAVE 6 MONTHS TO PUT IN FOR THE DAY OFF!!
Just like last year there are a few rules that need to be followed to ensure we have a safe, fun event that can continue at this location for years to come. I have a very low tolerance for douchy behavior and will not be associated with it. I seriously doubt there will be an issues but it needs to be said:

- NO booze.
- NO burn outs or excessive revving.
- NO speeding around the lot.
- NO blaring music or loud bass.
- NO STEALING.
I can't believe I have to even state the last one but it may have been an issue in the past. WTF man?!?!

The organizers of this event will not deal with shenanigans. We’ll let the police handle it if we have to. Be respectful of their space, time, and comfort. If you’re acting like an idiot you’ll be asked to leave. It’s up to the police beyond that.

Lastly – this is an 8th Civic meet and ask that you do not post or advertise this on other forums. Friends are welcome provided they can follow the rules but THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM THIS SHOULD BE POSTED OR ADVERTISED ON 9thgen civics are welcome and we will be parking "NEAR" the 8thgen very close.

OK! With those details covered here’s what we’ve got so far:
INFO
Event location is new this year and the address is above. Please post in this thread if you will be attending. The meet will take place in the Ocean City Convention Center parking lot alongside the OC Car Show outside car show. 8th Fest will have it's own section of the parking lot for 8th gens only to park together. The outside lot fits several hundred cars but we are requiring pre registration to get a good count of cars coming so we can guarantee we have plenty of room. Please register as soon as possible.
**Pre-registaion is $20. Entry includes parking at the 8th Fest, 2 tickets to the OC Car Show on Saturday including concert. You can stay parked until 10pm and enjoy the OC Car Show and Concert all day and night.**
To pre-register goto OC Car Shows | Ocean City Maryland Car Show click on registration at the top, follow the link under 2013 12th Anniversary OC Car and Truck Show June 8-9, 2013, enter your email address and select the 8th Fest Entry option $20. Fill in your contact information and pay either by credit card or Paypal. Enter your 8thcivic user name under "club name." You will receive email confirmation with order details and number, please print this as your receipt and bring it to the meet.
Why the change of location?
Well every year we try to make this event better and better. We tend to try new things each year to get a bigger and better crowd. If you attend 8thfest regularly you'll remember in 2011 we had a professional photographer set up a photo shoot spot along with two models to pose on your car. In 2012 we were fortunate enough to have GrafiXpressions come and set up a booth to sell there product. Which seemed like it was a huge hit. However it still seems like people only come for an hour or two and leave, before any prizes are given away or before all the food is done being cooked. So we looked for way to make this meet better and we came up with this location.
What does this location have to offer?
Well for one this time of year is prime beach weather, where better to have a meet then at the beach!? Like stated above the meet is going to be held on a Saturday, Come stay the whole weekend and enjoy to beach weather!
Second the OC Air show is also going on this weekend. Thousands of people come to see this entertaining show.
Third the OC car show is also this weekend, not only will you see hundreds of 8thgens roaming the streets but every popular import car will be out and will be parked at the 12th annual OCMD car show.
Lastly another popular meet is also happening this weekend which is the AWD meet. They are not going to be at our location as we are a forum only meet but you will also see hundreds of STi/EVO on the strip. Having our meet here is a big opportunity for growth and will be every car enthusiast dream.
T-Shirts
Every year we try to get tshirt ideas together, so finally its going to happen. Heres the logo/layout were thinking about going with.

Its looking like they will be $15 a shirt. If youd like to order one please state so when posting that you will be attending the meet. You will have to Paypal me the $15 to my email Blind7o6@msn.com please send as gift so we wont have to worry about any fees. Shirts will be available for pick up at the meet. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR 8TH CIVIC FORUM NAME IN THE COMMENTS OR NOTES SECTION ON THE PAYPAL SO I CAN KEEP TRACK OF WHO PAID!!!! *You will not be able to buy a shirt at the meet* Ill be placing the order for the shirts May 1st, 2013. Be sure to get your order in before then!!
And that’s what we have so far. As we receive additional info and sponsors we’ll update this thread accordingly.
2013 8th Civic Fest Sponsors:

ALSO- Custom Functionz will be doing a $1 raffle for a valve cover powder coat or hydro dip of your choice. We will pull the winner at 5pm on June 8th
More Soon to come!![/CENTER]
So who's in!?
1. Wannavtec
2. Heckler88
3. 07ASMcivicSI
4. K20Matt
5. Xavier1990
6. SiDanny
7. O6civicLX
8. Will's SI
9. Chuck D
10. blackjoint
11. mikesdude
12. fg2taffysi
13. NhanSense
14. OBX4life
15. citizh
16. Xavier1990
17. InkPncl
18. ProtoPMR10
19. Jessie : )
20. losgarseeyah
21. Traw
22. LouGraySI
23. Fa5terYo
24. chriz0891
25. PiotrNJ
26. JC102024
27. six_speed_demon
28. BigRed06Si
29. Ramzal
30. PhilaCivic
31. ProtoPMR10
32. gooky4u
33. Maxmillion125
34. snizzletoff
35. Fat_Kid
36. chriz0891
37. thechriskarel
38. franklyn718
39. ocampos315
40. omgitszcoh
41. 06Hondacivicsi
42. Tec
43. hondo898
44. cjjackson2400
45. BcZay
46. Sole4dayz
47. DJK20
48. Mistanewyork
49. ProtoPMR10
50. CiViCLx21
51. Steve42790
52. Joshy_2Nasty
53. FA5_Joker
54. Mistanewyork
55. ElementalHonda
56. MyK20Z3
57. Togish1
58. Jos4ant7
59. racano
60. DCSIGUY
61. Chris82079
62. R4ym1n
63. Steve42790
64. Ryan410
65. KentDAman
66. HFP-CivicSI
67. RedLineOrange09
68. TiKi06Si
69. orangejuice
70. NYC | eddstarrr
71. Chris82079
72. RedLineOrange09
73. urcarslow
74. R18eX2007
75. lettuce
76. IRocJays3
77. A Scam
78. Cemrick
79. omyinsanity
80. 8th.gen.SI
81. I_Love_My_Honda
82. alexmn2
83. Carter
84. Dominancex
85. RedlineMane
86. paulinuhhxradd
87. hONdA2029
88. marlonjr
89. B15Chris
90. katgedge
91. fasto82

I NEED TO KNOW ASAP ON WHO WANTS TO COME THIS EVENT I WILL BE HANDLING THE 9THGEN SIDE OF THIS EVENT! :fistpump::rockwoot:

we will be parked right next to 8thgen so dont worry about having to park a mile away and having to walk to the event...we will be a cough away from the 8thgens. if you need anything or have any question just let me know down below or drop me a PM. i know its short notice but please try to find out if you want to come asap!

HERE IS THE SIGN UP LIST FOR US 9THGEN BOYS AND GALS!:

1. six_speed_demon
2. thevietkid33
3. chadoku
4. Ray_Kauffman

Last edited:
but...

Lastly – this is an 8th Civic meet and ask that you do not post or advertise this on other forums. Friends are welcome provided they can follow the rules but THIS IS THE ONLY FORUM THIS SHOULD BE POSTED OR ADVERTISED ON.

im 100% sure im coming, will it be 20 per car or 20 per person?!

Per car i believe....you get two tickets and a spot in the parking lot.

just let me know when you pay so i put a * by you name and add you on 8thcivic.com

also put in you 9thcivic username when you are filling our that form to register for event. just click on the above link to register and following everything for 8thfest.

Last edited:
Ah, just by dumb luck I'll be in OC that weekend, just beware, on June 7th you'll have a horde of Subarus / Evos a few blocks up at the Gold Coast Mall.

http://www.ocawdmeet.com/

....and an air show

....and some other car show somewhere

....and a bunch of annoying drunk HS kids trying to be BAMFs

Yup I know I was going to be down there as well would like me to add you to list death_roll?

Back