67b.jpg

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
I get back from vacation today and co-worker reassigns this ticket to me as it came in on Friday and he couldn't get to it before he left.

"Monitor fell off desk and needs replaced"

:think:

PXL_20221031_191735360.jpgPXL_20221031_191739317.jpgPXL_20221031_191744049.jpg

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
He made his million dollars in credit card rewards and got out

:rotfl: The people I knew that needed a PS5/Xbox X/GPU were dwindling. I was only getting them for friends, family, internet friends, co-workers

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
AMD gang 10 years ago??? I was thinking you had the i7 Intel gaming rig

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
AMD gang 10 years ago??? I was thinking you had the i7 Intel gaming rig

haha yeah I had AMD and Intel back in the day.

Think my 1st Intel was Core 2 Duo? Core 2 Quad?
This was my 1st AMD (Athlon II).

I don't think I've ran AMD since that until the 5800x/5600x

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Work Related: I was at a site this morning fixing an issue with no connectivity on a PC. It ended up being the network cable from phone to PC that was the issue.

But as I was working on that issue a user came up to me and asking if I could look at the PC in the back. I asked what the issue was and she advised a message comes up when they restart/power the PC on. "CPU Fan Failure". :iough: The PC is still working at this time but fortunately they only use it for a few basic things so hopefully it doesn't overheat and completely fail.

So I go back there and open up the PC and notice some type of liquid was spilled in the PC as I see corrosion inside... Le Sigh :sadbanana: Checked the connection of the CPU fan and re-seated it. Same issue... fan isn't spinning and same error message.

Requested replacement PC from our Inventory Team.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Where did you see corrosion? Motherboard? At least a cpu fan is a cheap fix (as long as the corrosion isn’t on other parts)

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Where did you see corrosion? Motherboard? At least a cpu fan is a cheap fix (as long as the corrosion isn’t on other parts)

Chassis. Side Panel. Motherboard. M.2 Enclosure. Top of M.2 drive.

I emailed our Inventory Team but haven't heard back from them yet. Since the PC is 8 months out of warranty they most likely will just give me a replacement PC to deploy back to the site.

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
Work Related: I was at a site this morning fixing an issue with no connectivity on a PC. It ended up being the network cable from phone to PC that was the issue.

But as I was working on that issue a user came up to me and asking if I could look at the PC in the back. I asked what the issue was and she advised a message comes up when they restart/power the PC on. "CPU Fan Failure". :iough: The PC is still working at this time but fortunately they only use it for a few basic things so hopefully it doesn't overheat and completely fail.

So I go back there and open up the PC and notice some type of liquid was spilled in the PC as I see corrosion inside... Le Sigh :sadbanana: Checked the connection of the CPU fan and re-seated it. Same issue... fan isn't spinning and same error message.

Requested replacement PC from our Inventory Team.

Chassis. Side Panel. Motherboard. M.2 Enclosure. Top of M.2 drive.

I emailed our Inventory Team but haven't heard back from them yet. Since the PC is 8 months out of warranty they most likely will just give me a replacement PC to deploy back to the site.

New PC is imaged/setup. Going to deliver/install at location tomorrow when customer is back in the office.