Paint scuff

ThatOneKid

Okay i got a paint scuff idk how but is there any house hold item to remove this
451f9d50f4a337036a9a744295e53e5c.jpg

is the paint gone or is that white paint transferred on your car? Can you rinse that area with soap/water and take another pic?

Been going at it by cleaning the surface then using . Clean micro fiber towel and gently removing it idk what to do about this residue

do you have rubbing compound or polish by chance? If not, swing by any auto place or even walmart.

there are many brands, but it doesn't really matter what you buy. Here is an example of removal

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCHyrsk4pc

after you do the removal, use a polish/wax to bring back the shine

Yeah it's just an abrasive paste/liquid that essentially buffs off the paint transfer. Once you're done you'll want to use a polish and wax to bring back the shine. You'll never know anything happened there

1. Wash Car first. ( any will do, I prefer one that is not a Wash+ wax Combo)
I personally use Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner. Can be picked up at any Walmart or amazon. (I prefer amazon because it means I don't have to wait in line)

2. Use a Rubbing compound.
Some people prefer using the least abrasive as possible. To do that, they start with using a light abrasive and move up to more abrasive as necessary to remove the scuff to prevent damage to the paint.
If you want to just get to it and not waste time I suggest Meguiar's ultimate compound.

3. Use a polish.
I recommend Meguiar's ultimate polish. Walmart and amazon.

4. Wax it.

Last edited:
Back