PRL CAI with stock manifold

nopslide

Austin, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys, I'm looking at doing a dp/exhaust/intake setup. I'm pretty much set on the fullrace dp + exhaust. As for the CAI I think I'd like to go with the PRL but I've read some comments regarding the loss of low end torque using the RBC manifold. Does anyone have experience running the RBC + PRL intake vs PRL intake w/ stock manifold. The loss of low to mid end power would kind of suck considering most of my driving is city stop and go and I like to accelerate.

You will need to be tuned with hondata flashpro for that setup (rbc manifold). You really need to be tuned for the other setup as well, or you're going to be missing out on a lot of hp/tq. Do you have flashpro now?

Do you have any input on the low end torque/acceleration when running an rbc on these cars?

I'd ask vit what his experience has been with tuning that setup. @323 or @squiggy have similar setups. 3.5" intakes are another option since you're already tuning with flashpro.

Cool thanks, I sent vit an email. I'll post the reply here incase anyone else is curious.

i went from the stock manifold, stock throttle body, and 3" injen intake, to an RBC manifold, ZDX throttle body, and 3.5" short ram intake, and got a gain of about 25 hp. I didnt get torque numbers but definitely an increase, i could feel it in the grunt of the car when i put my foot down.
You cant go wrong with this setup in my opinion.

Hey guys, I'm looking at doing a dp/exhaust/intake setup. I'm pretty much set on the fullrace dp + exhaust. As for the CAI I think I'd like to go with the PRL but I've read some comments regarding the loss of low end torque using the RBC manifold. Does anyone have experience running the RBC + PRL intake vs PRL intake w/ stock manifold. The loss of low to mid end power would kind of suck considering most of my driving is city stop and go and I like to accelerate.
Let us know all that you want and I will get you a great deal on parts and shipping....
As for the torque, if you have the right tuner and tell him that you want to keep the torque then you will keep it
We are making 192tq and that is way up from factory

Back