PRL short ram intake - oil breather and hoses from stock airbox?

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
I have the prl short ram intake with stock throttle

body, and when I went to install it it came with a crankcase filter (oil breather) but there are hoses on the stock air box that don't have a spot for connection on the intake. Has anyone dealt with this? And what did you do with the hoses? Pics below.... Thanks

ybenaruz.jpg

tu4etujy.jpg

epu2u6yr.jpg

are you saying that all those hoses on the stock box have no where to go on the new intake? if so theres a coolant line going from the tb to under the crankcase breather, the new intake eliminates all the stock hoses except coolant by pass and pcv breather but that filter takes care of that, my intake has a fuel vapor hose going from the tube to the crankcase instead of that breather. thats it. i can post a picture of what i mentioned if youd like

First is th pcv breather that little filter eliminates that and these other ones sorry about the quality tough to see are the coolant to the throttle body. The hose in the second picture is the top port on your tb, goes over to a port right under the pcv breather the last picture is just a Better view of where the collab those goes to from the throttle body, hope this helps you man!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 141
All those hoses in the middle are pretty much useless do a throttle body coolant bypass and you can pretty much eliminate all of them.

Okay, so since .y intake doestn have a plug in for them (like above) I just need to eliminate them? I just was worried about coolant etc

I am gonna take some pics for you give me 5 minutes you an do a throttle body coolant bypass this will make your life a little easier.

I am gonna take some pics for you give me 5 minutes you an do a throttle body coolant bypass this will make your life a little easier.

Awesome dude thanks guys! Since this PRL one has no plug on the intake its more confusing than it needs to be

Step 1. Remove both tubes from throttle body and put vaccum caps on the TB where the hoses use to be make sure you get caps that are a little tight so they don't come off.photo_2(5).JPG

Step 2. Run coolant line from where it currently is to the black rail looking piece underneath it and you are good. That's all you need.photo_3(4).JPG

Attachments

• photo_3(4).JPG
    photo_3(4).JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 69
If you do it that way it will allow the coolant to flow away from the throttle body and slightly reduce heat soak which might help a little more because you have an SRI

I have the PRL CAI and it actually sounds like the car is breathing when you hit the gas I know PRL is not cheap but it's really the only way to go on these cars I have tried several different intakes and PRL is hands down worth every penny CAI or SRI.

thats what im shooting for, i have an n1 now, hondata is next ill try a few basemaps out with the aem i got off @Abbz8377 and downpipe and probably get a prl in the future. once you put it on is there a map for the prl until you get a vit tune?

ill get a full race dp as well prefer catted but catless is cheaper haha. and i want to get tuned but im not sure how the car would run with the prl untuned even with hondata its alot of money for me to drop at once

Uhm un-tuned, idk about the intake but with the dp it runs absolutely horrible. Very choppy, rich, and a little unresponsive. Now tuned, its a whole different story. Makes the car a lot of fun.

Back