question about warranty and intakes

eric.schwartz.

Hey so I've got my Civic Si 2014, I have some of the extended warranty. I was planning to put an intake a short ram intake on it in the spring time but my question is will that void my warranty at all? Because if that's the case I can't do it of course... Thanks...

Hey so I've got my Civic Si 2014, I have some of the extended warranty. I was planning to put an intake a short ram intake on it in the spring time but my question is will that void my warranty at all? Because if that's the case I can't do it of course... Thanks...

No. Honda would have to prove that the intake itself caused whatever issue is being looked into. An entire warranty cannot be voided. Check out the link in my signature for more details.

That being said, why do you want to get an intake. Sound or power? If you want power, the only way to go is PRL 3.5" CAI. Only known intake to result in gains. Rick Spec'd may as well since it is similar. Jury is still out on the second version of the Injen CAI. ALL others will either not result in any gains or cause the car to lose power.

No. Honda would have to prove that the intake itself caused whatever issue is being looked into. An entire warranty cannot be voided. Check out the link in my signature for more details.

That being said, why do you want to get an intake. Sound or power? If you want power, the only way to go is PRL 3.5" CAI. Only known intake to result in gains. Rick Spec'd may as well since it is similar. Jury is still out on the second version of the Injen CAI. ALL others will either not result in any gains or cause the car to lose power.
Hey thanks for the quick response time I really appreciate the feedback. I wanted for both honestly, the sound and the speed although the stock intake is loud enough and I barely ever hitt VTEC and I can still hear it. There's a YouTube video of the 2014 Civic Si with installation of the k&n typhoon intake on the before and after takes and it sounds really good.

Back