Quick Dragon Run - October 17-19

kgf3076

Old, rude, and grumpy ex-track junkie.
NoVA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si (Daily Driver) - '08 S2000 (Big-boy toy)
Body Style
Coupe (Civic), CR (S2000)
I'm headed to the Dragon on October 17 because it's the end of the year and I want to get in one more weekend before the S2000 goes into storage for the Winter. Want to come along? Want to get good rates at Fontana? Want to spend a weekend driving not only the Dragon but other area roads as well?

I plan on driving Devil's Triangle, Wayah Road from Franklin and possibly Blood Mountain. If you'd like to go, let me know.

Fairly intrigued.... anyone else going so far?

That can't seem to stay in their lane.

I just watched 3 really fast ones hold their lanes nicely. Well, when I could see them. Hahahah.

Blood Mountain is awesome.

Wayah is kinda meh. Too close to a lot of houses and peoples front yards. The second half of the down side gets fairly populated also. The upside was a little rough. There are those 2 fairly recently repaved sections on the descent though. The bridges that drop to one lane are kind of scary too.

Isn't Devils Triangle really far over in TN?

Fairly intrigued.... anyone else going so far?
Blood Mountain is awesome.
Agreed. Not too many roads in the area where you can pass slower cars (and bicycles).

Wayah is kinda meh. Too close to a lot of houses and peoples front yards. The second half of the down side gets fairly populated also. The upside was a little rough. There are those 2 fairly recently repaved sections on the descent though. The bridges that drop to one lane are kind of scary too.
I agree about the houses but the sections that are "isolated" are pretty nice. I just wish they'd pave the entire road and not tiny bits here and there.

Isn't Devils Triangle really far over in TN?
It's about an hour from Fontana. Getting there can be boring but the road makes up for it (and it's nice and freshly paved which makes it scary when there's moisture).

Wish I could. Gotta look at my schedule. Maybe could do a day trip.
I'll probably run down to Franklin on Saturday for lunch and then take Wayah Rd. back to Fontana. Haven't really decided yet. It's different when you don't have to worry about 100 cars, means I can do what I would like to do..:D

Back