R18 Downpipe

I forgot to let everyone know that Megan Racing recently released a downpipe for the 2012+ R18 Civic (DX, LX, EX, HF models). We have some in stock and ready to ship. It's a quality piece and should provide some good power gains on that motor. This downpipe replaces the portion of the stock exhaust between the catalytic converter and the "cat-back" portion of the exhaust system. This downpipe section is often overlooked and is definitely a bottleneck for exhaust flow. Here's a link to more info and pricing:

Megan Racing 2012 R18 Civic Downpipe

27281_2316___2012%20R18%20Downpipe.jpg

Last edited:
is this the section after the cat or does this replace and delete the cat?

It actually does not delete the stock cat. Instead, it replaces the stock piping between the cat converter and the normal "cat-back" exhaust system. This part will not effect emissions at all.

I know...it's wrong. I wish they would fix it. We've had other customers mention that as well. Here's a helpful diagram showing the exhaust layout:

index.php

Last edited:
so the piece it's replacing is #1 on your pic... and then it mounts up to the stock cat..
so it's like half or 3/4ths a downpipe.

FKqPbTz.jpg

so then how big of gains would one see? any? i dono how gains on an exhaust works but i know with audio the quality of the sound is the sum of the weakest part of the entire system and if their at all the same i know one of the biggest restrictions is the cat. if the cat remains and is the biggest restriction what gains will their be?

Yes it replaces #1 on the pic I uploaded. As far as power gains, I don't think you'll see much unless you combine this with a cat-back exhaust. If you were to get a cat-back exhaust and not this pipe, you would still have a exhaust flow restriction due to the factory downpipe.

The biggest restriction is the cat, but the 2nd biggest is the rest of the exhaust system. Obviously if you eliminate the cat and replace the whole exhaust system including this downpipe, you'll see the best power gains. For those that don't want to eliminate the cat, replacing the factory downpipe and cat-back exhaust is the best option.

Last edited:
so the piece it's replacing is #1 on your pic... and then it mounts up to the stock cat..
so it's like half or 3/4ths a downpipe.

FKqPbTz.jpg
Isn't the downpipe the big piece in the middle of this picture? I ordered a Tsudo cat-back exhaust and It came with piece #1 on PRO Civic's picture, so I dont think piece #1 is the downpipe. Im just a little confused now.

to the right of the the #14? ...that large item is the stock catalytic converter. Aftermarket "downpipes" usually replace that cat.

to the right of the the #14? ...that large item is the stock catalytic converter. Aftermarket "downpipes" usually replace that cat.
Yeah, but #1 of PRO Civic's pic is NOT a downpipe right? because I already have one of those, it just came with the exhaust system

I wouldn't call it a downpipe, but midpipe isn't really appropriate either.

I guess you could call it a midpipe. Megan Racing has always called it a downpipe, even for the 8thgen Civic one, so that's what we call it. I'm sorry it's so confusing... :(

The bottom line is to look at the picture I uploaded and know that this part just replaces that #1 pipe.

Back