Si all motor question

mr bigolsworth

Pikeville nc
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
May seem lazy for just asking but just curious what's the highest whp you have seen on a street driven all motor 9th gen si?

to the wheels... I believe the highest I've seen was like 235hp so far. There are like 3 or 4 users who are all right around that figure.

I've seen one with like 248-251 using e85 fuel. But the rest was all bolt ons. Rbc , zdx tb, 1000cc inj, catless dp 3"exhaust.

I have the RBC ported to 70mm , zdx tb, rdx inj, skunk2 dp, full race exhaust, 3" cold air intake. . I made 235whp

Using flash pro for tuning of course.

Sleeping panda how do you like all your bolt ons? I'm thinking of doing what I can piece by piece or saving and going force induction.

I like them a lot. But if I did it all over again I'd go CT supercharger. That's probably what I'll end up doing. But my car is a ton faster now. I think easily high 13 second 1/4 mile.

Why would you go supercharger and not turbo? Jw. I had a 97 civic years ago and almost everyone went turbo so I'm just curious about supercharged. Never seen a supercharged civic in person.

Essentially instant-on power with sc. You're not experiencing turbo "lag" if you will.

It depends on how much you want to mod your car, and if you are capable of doing everything yourself. Turbos take a lot of modding to work, and takes a lot of modding for them to work(going all the way on the exhaust side, dropping the subframe, tapping the oil pan, dealing with oil/ coolant lines) it's well worth it and a lot of fun... But with a supercharger you don't have to touch the exhaust side, just take the intake mani off and put it on... You can get awesome results nowadays too(after cooler, or kraftwerks kit)

Just depends on what your looking for and how much time you want to put into it and keep into it.

And all motor build can get up to 300whp iirc but it takes A LOT, and will be more expensive

I don't like the fact that my motor oil will be super heated by the turbo and used for my engine as well. Lol. Plus more chances for an oil or coolant leak. I just think the supercharger is easier to install and consistent boost. If you use a manual boost controller on a turbo, there's a chance it could come out of adjustment and potentially over boost.

Just think the turbo creates more heat in the engine bay

Plus with the supercharger. You still get to use all the bolt on mods. Cold air intake, header. Etc.

I don't like the fact that my motor oil will be super heated by the turbo and used for my engine as well. Lol. Plus more chances for an oil or coolant leak. I just think the supercharger is easier to install and consistent boost. If you use a manual boost controller on a turbo. There's a chance it could come out of adjustment and potentially over boost.

Just think the turbo creates more heat in the engine bay

Plus with the supercharger. You still get to use all the bolt on mods. Cold air intake, header. Etc.
The oil issue with it being hot isn't really an issue at all with the 8th(assuming its the same with the 9th)

And everything else you said is all install errors if that comes up. With a 3/4 port you don't have boost issues and upon failure you have a max boost cut and wastegate if it turns off. Intake doesn't matter, and exhaust side is just your DP and exhaust lol

The oil issue with it being hot isn't really an issue at all with the 8th(assuming its the same with the 9th)

And everything else you said is all install errors if that comes up. With a 3/4 port you don't have boost issues and upon failure you have a max boost cut and wastegate if it turns off. Intake doesn't matter, and exhaust side is just your DP and exhaust lol

Cool story kid. My point is, if you already bought a downpipe and CAI. You get to keep it when you s/c. Instead of trying to sell it to some cheap low balling retard online.

And I have no idea what you mean by 3/4 port. But if you have a 15 psi waste gate because you want to run 10-12 psi. You can still over boost.

And coolant and oil leaks aren't just install errors. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but sit down this might blow your mind. PARTS WEAR OUT. including fittings and hoses. Adding more just adds more places for leaks. That was my point.

Recently posted numbers of the comptech kit
9th_cte.jpg

9th gen Si CT-e kit, 3.15" pulley. 91 octane

Vids of 1/4 mile 8th gen SI vitviper just tuned- (for an idea)

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/v...stock-header-stock-clutch-stock-exhaust.7296/

:giggle: okay lets see here

'if you already bought a downpipe and CAI. You get to keep it when you s/c. Instead of trying to sell it to some cheap low balling retard online." :thumbsup:
if you are going to spend 3-6 grand on a turbo kit or supercharger kit those $600 in parts should not matter and getting that money back at all is just a bonus

"And I have no idea what you mean by 3/4 port"
mac-2.jpg

that is a 3 port boost solenoid (that is the same exact one hondata sells minus there sticker)

here is what you said
"If you use a manual boost controller on a turbo. There's a chance it could come out of adjustment and potentially over boost. "
if this boost control solenoid fails on you(doubtful but could happen or course) then your turbo works off of the wastegate.
thats what the wastegate is.... a fail safe.... without boost control your car will only hit whatever PSI spring is in the wastegate thats physical and cant change.
now you can over boost but in the tune you can set that up to hit boost cut. which is another fail safe

"But if you have a 15 psi waste gate because you want to run 10-12 psi. You can still over boost."

:spinning:

"And coolant and oil leaks aren't just install errors. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but sit down this might blow your mind. PARTS WEAR OUT. including fittings and hoses. Adding more just adds more places for leaks. That was my point."

a proper install goes a long way and i know parts wear out but relating that to a turbo is like "ps3 or 360" superchargers have problems too

i am not trying to argue on what is better over supercharger or turbo because now with the addition of aftercoolers and BBG(boost by gear :thumb:) they are right up there with your average turbo build and is now just preference.

i only picked apart your post because the only thing you said that was even agreeable was that superchargers are easier to install

you said they have constant boost too which implies turbos dont and that made me el oh el.

"Cool story kid. sit down this might blow your mind"

4fd27367_0_4fd273675d43b8.88575180
DSCF0942.jpg

VitViper getting his hands dirty

553533_4048301525639_1224981929_3761048_1979960375_n.jpg

I have been on the whole turbo route so it might be swayed that way but my next build on my 9th will be supercharger strictly for something new and change since i have already been down that road. so

:bowdownsit: im here sitting

Now im all off topic and this is everything but all motor :pat:

i only replied because i dont want people to read and believe your misinformation

Last edited:
I've seen one with like 248-251 using e85 fuel. But the rest was all bolt ons. Rbc , zdx tb, 1000cc inj, catless dp 3"exhaust.

I have the RBC ported to 70mm , zdx tb, rdx inj, skunk2 dp, full race exhaust, 3" cold air intake. . I made 235whp

Using flash pro for tuning of course.

Just FYI, the Si comes with 201 hp at the crank, not wheel. it's about 175(?)whp stock, so all those parts and tune would be adding about 60whp

Back