Si Rear Bumper onto LX

stevenlyyy

Rosemead, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
I have a 2013 Civic Sedan LX and I was wondering if I swap over the whole bumper from an Si Sedan onto the LX in theory it should fit right ? I was wondering if anyone has done this yet ! It seems like a direct swap without any modifications, I'm in need of a new rear bumper anyhow and I like the look of the Si with the plastic trim piece on the bottom. From what I know I need the bumper cover itself, the black trim piece that goes on the bottom and then I think the reflectors can be transferred over ? I'm not looking to make an Si look alike just wanted a more refined rear bumper is all. Thanks for any feedback in advanced !

The reflectors from the lx are the same part number for the si, so those would swap over. You'd need the full si bumper and the black lower piece from the si.

here is a parts breakdown/exploded view of the parts and part #'s for the 2013 si sedan. I'd probably advise getting some clips (wherever you order the stuff) too, as you'll probably have some that will break in the swapping process.
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....rear-bumper-2-scat/?part_number=04715tr7a80zz

I couldn't tell you who's done it off the top of my head, but people have done the non-si to si rear bumper swap. It's usually when a lx or ex owner wants to put on a larger exhaust, since those models don't have the si style exhaust cutout in the bumper.

The reflectors from the lx are the same part number for the si, so those would swap over. You'd need the full si bumper and the black lower piece from the si.

here is a parts breakdown/exploded view of the parts and part #'s for the 2013 si sedan. I'd probably advise getting some clips (wherever you order the stuff) too, as you'll probably have some that will break in the swapping process.
https://www.collegehillshondaparts....rear-bumper-2-scat/?part_number=04715tr7a80zz

I couldn't tell you who's done it off the top of my head, but people have done the non-si to si rear bumper swap. It's usually when a lx or ex owner wants to put on a larger exhaust, since those models don't have the si style exhaust cutout in the bumper.

To add onto what Webby has already mentioned, the SI rear bumper is essentially plug and play. The exhaust might get in the way, because of how the exhaust is set up on the LX, but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thank you everyone for the input and help ! the exhaust part im not worried about because i have an after market axle back already so thats no problem. glad to know its a 100% direct swap before i pull the trigger ! thanks again everyone :D

Back