Slow but SERIOUS build thread

TheSlowAndTheSerious

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
What’s up everyone? :rockwoot: My name's Anthony, I’m sure a lot of you guys have seen around the site by now, want to give a big thanks to everyone that’s answered my questions and helped me with whatever I need help with. Joining 9thcivic.com is the best thing a 9th gen owner could do. A lot of helpful folks on here! I drive a 2012 Si coupe in TW, got it about two months ago in February and man I am loving every second of it. Havent done much but will be updating this every chance I get. Most pics are from my cell phone so sorry from the quality. On to the mods…

Exterior:
8k HID low beams
8k HID Fogs
Nokya 3k high beams/DRLs
Yellow fog light overlays from GRFXP.
Red tail light overlays from GRFXP
Avery Gloss Black roof wrap
Red JDM emblems
Black/Red GRFXP JDM emblems overlays
20% tint all around except front windshield
Carbon Fiber wrapped front bumper mid-piece and little corners by the mirrors
License Plate LED light
Debadged civic emblem
Front plate delete lol
Front HFP lip kit
Rear HFP lip kit

Interior:
JDM Steering wheel emblem
GRFXP Black/Red JDM steering wheel emblem overlay
Carbon Fiber Mugen shift knob w/Red Stripe
LED interior lights
JDM Key Fob
Carbon Fiber wrapped the grey door handles inside
PW: JDM Brass Knuckle shift knob (waiting to be delivered)
Redline Goods Red Alcantara Shift boot w/Black stitching (waiting to be delivered)

Suspension:
Eibach Sportline Springs

Performance/Under The Hood:
Tsudo Cat-Back w/Burnt tip
Takeda Momentum Intake w/Oiled Filter
HAMP oil filter (small version)
Purple Royal full synthetic 0w20

Coming soon(er or later):
Coilovers (Tein? Ksport?)
Enkei RPF1 SBC

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Thanks bro! I love it man, at times wish it was a bit lower but I love it. The ride quality is amazing, a bit bouncy but can't complain at all for springs.

Nahhh looks perfect that ride height! Too many complications with dropping it to a certain point. I'm thinking of switching it up also to maybe some springs.

Tell me about it man, most of my friends that are on coils (not even maxed out) go through at least one oil pan a year lol. The streets where I live are HORRIBLE. I'm thinking if I get 18" wheels the drop would look really nice. IDK still undecided on where I'm going with that

Tell me about it man, most of my friends that are on coils (not even maxed out) go through at least one oil pan a year lol. The streets where I live are HORRIBLE. I'm thinking if I get 18" wheels the drop would look really nice. IDK still undecided on where I'm going with that
how is suspension travel tho? Like how much compression do you see if you stand in the trunk? 1/4" drop? hopefully not much more :(

eibach eh...

hmmm very nice

good alternative to coils. Hows the suspension travel?

hopefully under 2" :D

Some sites say 1.8 front 1..4/1.5 rear, others say 1.4 all around, I think it's lower. Like I said the quality is amazing, they were pretty loud and made some popping noises at first but that's basically stopped already. A bit bouncy at times but I could live with it lol

Lookin good man. I like the carbon wrap you did on that front "bumper" insert part. Nice touch!

Thanks man, my friend ordered some for his car and had a bunch left over so I just threw it on there. It's not 3M but it didnt look/feel like bad quality lol. Now I'm trying to decide if I should wrap my roof in carbon fiber or gloss black vinyl.

Thanks man, my friend ordered some for his car and had a bunch left over so I just threw it on there. It's not 3M but it didnt look/feel like bad quality lol. Now I'm trying to decide if I should wrap my roof in carbon fiber or gloss black vinyl.
gloss black 100% trust meee lol

but okay.. i know it's weird.. but if you could stand in the trunk or put like 150-200lbs in the trunk and tell me how far it goes down :)

anyways thanks! Just want to know travel on the suspension because 18x9 wheels will be cambered just to fit and i wanted to see how close it would get, or if i have to buy coils :( And i don't want to spend the extra grand :(

AP is right. I saw one of the new kia optimas in white with the gloss black roof. It definitely looks good.

gloss black 100% trust meee lol

but okay.. i know it's weird.. but if you could stand in the trunk or put like 150-200lbs in the trunk and tell me how far it goes down :)

anyways thanks! Just want to know travel on the suspension because 18x9 wheels will be cambered just to fit and i wanted to see how close it would get, or if i have to buy coils :( And i don't want to spend the extra grand :(

Ill do it brother! Next time I see my friend I'll tell him to hop in the trunk and I'll take pics of it. and YEAH! Nix I originally wanted to do gloss black guess I'm sticking to it.

Haha never enough mods though! Going to slow down a bit now, saving up idk for what either HFP kit or flash pro but mods are slowing down in the mean time. Lol I'm mad the rt 17 meet isn't going down tonight was looking forward to meeting you!

Back