Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Denver, CO
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I haven't been able to find any information on this by Googling, etc. but one of the things that the Hondata reflash says it addresses is "speed limiter removed." That's a different item than the "rev limiter raised to 7600 rpm" bullet.

Does anyone have any information about this? (First hand or otherwise? ;-) Does the Si ship with a top speed that's limited by the ECU?

There is a speed limit encoded into your ECU. Hondata has the capability to remove it. That's all I know.

looks like temple of vtec hit 138 on the dyno

View: http://youtu.be/LRd8Dh3j8UU

as jasonandre said, hondata can remove that. Saying that, there is also a limit to redlining 6th gear, and fighting wind resistance.

Thanks for the great responses, everyone. I've been wondering ever since I saw that on the Hondata site.

My buddy picked up a 2013 Mustang GT a few weeks ago and had it doing 145 mph at about 3000 rpm over the weekend.

I guess baby needs a Full-Race turbo kit... :)

3k RPM at 145 is lolz. go 5.0!
correct me if i'm wrong, but isnt the 5.0 also around a 5.5k redline?
if so, that would basically be like us hitting 145 at 5k rpms roughly in my off the cuff ratio math

136 mph is pretty da*n cool to me! Thanks for sharing!

Also, thanks to everyone else for helping me out with the Mustang specs. I didn't get a chance to talk to my buddy today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back