Supercharge on stock parts?

Loppysaurusrex

I'm hearing things about super chargers being simpler to install and work with.

But what all do you need?

Do you need a tune? Can the car handle the gains on stock parts?

The car won't explode. It'd help to have a catback exhaust on the car, but it's not a necessity to install the kit. You'd just see better performance out of the car with one.

The car won't explode. It'd help to have a catback exhaust on the car, but it's not a necessity to install the kit. You'd just see better performance out of the car with one.
So would you still consider the car reliable after that or no?

yes. Comptech used to have a program with certain honda dealerships to actually install the supercharger. If it was installed by honda, they'd actually keep the car under factory warranty. I don't know that they still offer the program, but you could contact them to see what dealerships still do that.

You would need supporting mods if you go with an after cooler like cooler spark plugs, larger injectors, aftermarket intake, fuel pump, downpipe and exhaust to get the most out of the s/c. You tell vit what parts you have and he will give you a map to flash before tuning so you're not running absolutely terrible. Tune will help yu run to full potential

The other mod I would definitely recommend is a stiffer rear motor mount. The factory one is quite soft. I have the Hasport 62A mount on an otherwise stock car.

Adding to the list above. If you go with the aftercooler and 2.95 pulley you'll want the 4bar map sensor and a clutch that can handle the added torque.

If you really want to stay on stock parts, forget the after cooler and stick with the "Stage 1" kit.

If you decide you want a smaller pulley or after cooler, it would require a lot more modding, like mentioned above.

Back