Supercharged

Kevv_Si

Indianapolis
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
FB6
I've been lurking around ct engineering and it seems like at the moment they have the best supercharger kit at the moment for 9th gens,correct me if I'm wrong, but i was wanting to get at least 400+whp with this kit running stage 2 parts...is this possible with a good k-tune? Or would I need to look into a turbo instead? I like the reliability of the supercharger..also am wanting the car to remain street behaved I guess. Any input is appreciated!

@323 just finished his SC build. He might have some good input.

Also @VitViper who tunes almost everyones car, he will know for sure if the kit you are looking at can do what you want.

I've been lurking around ct engineering and it seems like at the moment they have the best supercharger kit at the moment for 9th gens,correct me if I'm wrong, but i was wanting to get at least 400+whp with this kit running stage 2 parts...is this possible with a good k-tune? Or would I need to look into a turbo instead? I like the reliability of the supercharger..also am wanting the car to remain street behaved I guess. Any input is appreciated!
U won't reach 400 + with the ct-e unless u get the magnum power ct-e upgrade but its made for the 8th gens and no one knows if it will fit the 9th gen ct kit. You could check out the merc racing tvs s/c but it hasn't been released yet

Turbo is usually easier to hit big numbers but is a little more work than an SC from what I know. If you're wanting over 400, you might want to look into a turbo setup.

If you want 400whp go turbo. I have the Ct kit with 2.95 pulley, and aftercooler. Not even close to 400 lol. Most dyno 320whp. On e85 itll Dyno 360 ish whp. Both of those are with all supporting mods. 3.5 cai, catless dp, exhaust and j37 tb.

Brings a question to mind. Do you notice any drain down low? I think I read an 86 review where parasitic loss was slightly noticeable.
Quite the opposite. Maybe it's in my head but when I take off from a roll, I find it pulls more when I start from about 2500 rpms rather than higher up like 4k.
I'm not too familiar with exactly how the boost builds on a supercharger but maybe it builds more when starting down low rather than already being high up in the rev range?
My dyno graph shows a very smooth curve that spikes early in the revs and then a steady increase all the way up.

Since the compressor is belt driven, it uses power to make power, as opposed to a turbocharger which uses wasted exhaust gasses, so there's a "parasitic loss" that can sometimes be felt in the lower end of the power band.

Since the compressor is belt driven, it uses power to make power, as opposed to a turbocharger which uses wasted exhaust gasses, so there's a "parasitic loss" that can sometimes be felt in the lower end of the power band.
I know... I meant I feel like it's the opposite, where I actually feel more power when I launch down low in the range compared to when I'm already rolling at higher rpms.

I agree with the above. All the best supporting bolt ons and stage 2 with with aftercooler and you might hit 340.
@Nix my build is never finished lol
Have you tracked it yet with the s/c installed? I saw a white '13 Si running 12's with a s/c on youtube, that's kind of where I want to be lol.

Have you tracked it yet with the s/c installed? I saw a white '13 Si running 12's with a s/c on youtube, that's kind of where I want to be lol.
Not yet, I want to get summer tires before I go so in the spring I will

you can offset that with light weight wheels, light weight flywheel, and light weight pulleys. im sure at that point you would be back to the stock feeling in regards to "parasitic loss"

Back