Throttle Body Leak?

Nefertiti_Civi

Hey guys,

I am currently working on getting my car etuned. My tuner pointed out that on my datalogs, my "Tplate" value is averaging between 4-5% open on idle. Thinking that my P2R spacer was the culprit, I removed it tried a new datalog. After retightening all the bolts, the car's tplate still reads around 3-4% After talking with the tuner, he suggested that there is a leak somewhere, preventing the plate the close all the way. He told me that these DBW Throttle bodies seem to fail and it's not uncommon to replace them.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The last thing I want to do is replace the throttle body especially if I don't have to. :(

A quick solution would probably be just contacting hondata and see what they say about your values. Seeing as how they deal with this day in and out, they may be able to tell you immediately what to check (if anything). Most people probably won't have a clue here, as almost everyone has had vitviper or a dyno shop tune their cars.

hondata - (9am - 4pm Pacific Standard Time).
Phone 310-782-8278

Thank you @webby. You da man! I will give them a call in the morning. I am curious as I've never paid attention to this. Appreciate it!

Seems normal that tplate would show a small value. Even at idle the throttle is ever so slightly open to let some air in.
Is the car idling normally? I highly doubt your throttle body has failed. I also don't see how a vacuum leak would move the throttle plate or change the tplate value

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like @dpetro1 said, for the throttle body to be open a bit during idle is normal. I looked at some data logs right now and am seeing 1% throttle opening at idle. This is with the car using a 70mm Throttle Body.

Do you have a stock throttle?

Don’t our cars have Idle air control valves that bypass the throttle plate at idle? On a different note, check the gaskets that could have been damaged during install

Seems normal that tplate would show a small value. Even at idle the throttle is ever so slightly open to let some air in.
Is the car idling normally? I highly doubt your throttle body has failed. I also don't see how a vacuum leak would move the throttle plate or change the tplate value

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response's guys. I would agree that it should show some kind of value to allow air in at idle. My temporary, MAP based tune showed the plate a 3% today, and it seemed to idle just fine. IDK.. but yes @ruddyrid, I just have the stock throttle body. Nothing crazy.

@Jake LXer, Yeah besides a little dirt, the gasket looked pretty good. Thank you again guys!

Back