Throttle Body Project....

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
So I decided to use my stock throttle body for some testing and see how a few things work out this DIY will more than likely be done in steps over the next few weeks. This mod will only be for people who have done the coolant bypass and want to clean up the overall look of the TB. If this comes out the way I have pictured in my head I will be doing it to my zdx. The plan is to remove the metal coolant tubes and paint it. I have no idea how this will pan out in the end it's just a project I felt like trying out so I take no responsibility if you attempt it and screw up your throttle body.

Step 1. Removing the coolant tubes where the factory lines attach to: This step is proving to be the hardest so far. I tried everything under the sun to get those fittings lose and it would not work and eventually they ended up breaking. So with that said what I have decided to do is grind the excess metal down and I will re-tap the holes and put in some stainless bolts along with some rubber gaskets to keep any dirt or moisture out. Another idea I was tossing around is finding the proper fittings so if I want to remove the bolts and reattach the factory hoses I have that option.

photo_1(13).JPG

To be continued.....

Probably black It's more of a learning project I didn't want to perform surgery on my ZDX so if this one comes out good I will have a better idea on the do's and don'ts when it comes time to clean up my new one.

Back