Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
I have been thinking about getting a new tool box to consolidate the hand-me-downs and cheap Craigslist buys that I have now.

Wondering what you guys and gals have in your garage/house. Let’s see them!

• Staff
This is what I have at the moment.
image.jpg

My plan is to get rid of all of these, add one large workbench and get a top tool chest type and place it on the workbench.

I've been trying to find one I like also. Can't figure out exactly what I want though.

I can post my one from work though.

Attachments

• 20201013_155432.jpg
    20201013_155432.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
My tool situation is an absolute mess but makes sense to me. I have a bunch of random tools for Honda’s you’d prolly only use once in a life time but you never know. I’m thinking about buying a tool chest here in a week or so. I’ll get a pic sometime.

A lot better than my tool bag :rotfl:

71I1gaZjuoL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Most of my stuff is just up on pegboard or on a wood workbench/shelf. I have a small plastic case that has a bunch of electrical tools/items, and I have a small metal toolbox with random tools if I need to travel somewhere. I don't have any large tool cabinets.

I wanna big roller. Something with a power strip and usb outlets.

When I was looking, to me the husky brand at home depot felt a little better quality wise than the craftsman brand. Craftsman seemed really cheap.

When I was looking, to me the husky brand at home depot felt a little better quality wise than the craftsman brand. Craftsman seemed really cheap.

I posted the link just for an idea. I’m open to all brands.

Has anyone looked at the harbor freight ones to compare to say husky/other big box brands for quality?

Worth the $20 eBay gamble??? Normally they sell for $150 and up....

70D21CE3-1711-49D5-9E74-C163D89EDE9B.png

Home Depot ones roll nicer as far as the drawers and come with the power strip and usb outlets. Harbor freight doesn’t but are a lot cheaper. They work great but u can see where hb cut the corners.

but the hb ones don’t seem horrible for there purpose.

Current setup is a husky two tier box, 5ft workbench and small harbor freight cart.
How do you like the workbench? I’m trying to decide on building one or just buying one.

Did you coat the floors? How are they holding up?

Popped in to the local Home Depot and they had 3 tool boxes on display. Pretty disappointed as I thought they would of had a few more out on display.

How do you like the workbench? I’m trying to decide on building one or just buying one.

Did you coat the floors? How are they holding up?
Garage was just finished about 2 months ago so ot hasn't had too much use. Bench is fine, it was on sale at home depot. Frontier I believe the brand was. Cheaper/China made stuff but fine for what I need. Rubberwood top and it does have a power strip and 2 usb port on the side. Husky had a 6ft but it was just a bit too long for my space.
Floors are Sherwin Williams 2 part epoxy, with flecks and clear. Doing OK so far but again not much use just yet.

A friend of mine I used to wrench with had the same stuff on his garage floor and it held up really well! I believe his was 2-3yrs old and he would occasionally wash it out and it would look brand new

Back