Traded The Si

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
I ended up trading the Si yesterday for a new TLX SH-AWD.

I'll still be participating in the forum but now as a non civic owner. I can't say enough how helpful the members are in this forum. It definitely added to the experience of owning the Civic.

@Pauly99to17 , the Acura dealer wanted the winter wheels and tires as part of the trade so unfortunately they won't be available. I think I'll list the remainder of the items I have on Kjiji to see if I can sell locally.

Here are some pictures of the new ride.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Congrats! I like the look of the new TLX. Especially the headlights.

It's kinda weird that Acura wanted your other set of wheels/tires.

I haven't been in the new tlx. How's it feel size wise compared to the civic? Big change?

Congrats! I like the look of the new TLX. Especially the headlights.

It's kinda weird that Acura wanted your other set of wheels/tires.

The province where I live (Quebec) has a law mandating winter tires from Dec to March so I'm guessing it's something for them to sweeten the deal when they sell it. They said they are keeping it to sell on their lot and not sending to an auction. The tires were about done anyway so it was only the rims I was losing on.

I haven't been in the new tlx. How's it feel size wise compared to the civic? Big change?

It's a completely different car Webby. Bigger and more quiet. The AWD only comes with the 3.5. The front wheel drive with the all wheel steering comes with the 2.4 and somehow it seems more responsive. Maybe because it's lighter? I don't know. I wanted the AWD so I had no choice engine wise.

The TLX is really quiet too as well as a very nice ride. I really enjoyed my Si and I'll probably miss the feel of it. It is such a quick car.

Everyone is selling their Civic's.:(

Enjoy your new car OP. I love those headlights.:thumb:

Congrats Andre! Beautiful car. I'm very jealous. Certainly a big step up. So, I see you like to change cars about every 2 years eh?
No worries about the winter wheels.
How does the HP compare to the Si? Did you always have your eyes on the TLX or were you trying out other cars?

Last edited:
Not me! Although, I don't feel like there are that many of us left with a 2012.

Mine will stay with me until catastrophic mechanical failure of some sort. Even then, I may just rebuild unless it is electrical in nature. Of course, I would have no choice if it happens to be accident damage beyond repair.

Congrats Andre! Beautiful car. I'm very jealous. Certainly a big step up. So, I see you like to change cars about every 2 years eh?
No worries about the winter wheels.
How does the HP compare to the Si? Did you always have your eyes on the TLX or were you trying out other cars?

I don't normally switch that often although it certainly seems that way lately.

I was looking at the TLX since it came out. I was just waiting for the right deal to come around. The auto show was in town last week and they had really good rebates for the month it was here. I'm a Honda/Acura guy so I wasn't looking beyond this family of cars. If the Accord had an AWD option it would have been at the top of the list.

It's a much bigger car but it does have about an extra 90 Hp. It has a few different driving modes from economy (which I'll never use) to Sport and then Sport +. Sport seems to wake the car up but of course the fuel economy takes a hit. I got what I could out of the test drive. I pick it up in a week and a half so I'll have a better idea once I spend a few days with it.

I'm really looking forward to the AWD in the winter months. This year was tough.

Ya, I hear you about economy mode. I have never used the Econ mode in mine. Never will. I like to have fun when I drive. I'm scared to look at what my average gas consumption is. I like to drive in a "spirited" way whenever I can. I'm lucky to have a 30 minute commute in a rural area and can take advantage of it, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Mine will stay with me until catastrophic mechanical failure of some sort. Even then, I may just rebuild unless it is electrical in nature. Of course, I would have no choice if it happens to be accident damage beyond repair.
Same! Drive it till it dies, then push it.

Congrats on the new car man! I hope you really like it. They look great. I bet its a little plusher too! hahaha. Make us a built thread if you start modding it!

Thanks @Nix. It is a bit more "old guy friendly" for sure.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do to it yet. Tint is the only thing on my list so far. That and maybe seeing what it looks like with the HFP 18s that I have.

Thanks @Nix. It is a bit more "old guy friendly" for sure.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do to it yet. Tint is the only thing on my list so far. That and maybe seeing what it looks like with the HFP 18s that I have.
You still have the HFPs? Nice. I thought those get traded in. I guess you kept your stock wheels and gave those back to the dealership.

Yeah. That was the concept. You know how I feel about the 5 spoke wheels. That picture is an amazing shot.

Back