Tranny fluid?

JesseFB6

Chino, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey 9th gen fam
Noticed a few weeks back a bit of a leak on the floor underneath where i park. Noticed now about 10min ago that the leak spotting has grown a bit. Kinda worried. Is this tranny fluid?
C1778238-24CC-45F7-AAE5-2775A050DFB3.jpeg0F5E7CE1-8178-4C1C-B994-8BFE22E186DF.jpeg

Did you check your fluid levels? Check your oil, trans etc and see what’s low? Or if you jack the car up you could look under the car to see if it’s leaking near your oil filter or whatever. I would imagine you’ll be able to see wetness somewhere to pinpoint the leak.

-.-

drain bolt underneath was only hand tight. My oil change spot i go to went lazy on me!? wtffffffffffff

At least you found the problem. Just make sure your oil level is okay so you’re not low. I’d also let the place know.

oil level is decent; I had just gotten the oil change 1/27.
very disappointing though. my family and i have been going to this spot for oil changes for 15+ years and they never have done us wronf before

oil level is decent; I had just gotten the oil change 1/27.
very disappointing though. my family and i have been going to this spot for oil changes for 15+ years and they never have done us wronf before
New tech? Hmmm

@bootyluvr
yeah. Tbh the whole squad there actually seems quite new. Only ones original are the GM and manager i think. Honestly thinking about telling them so they can pay for someone to clean up the spill in my garage professionally

@bootyluvr
yeah. Tbh the whole squad there actually seems quite new. Only ones original are the GM and manager i think. Honestly thinking about telling them so they can pay for someone to clean up the spill in my garage professionally

I mean if you have been going there for 15+ years then they know you/remember you. They can see on file you have had quite a bit of work done there so they know you aren't just bullshitting them.

I'd definitely bring it up to them. Even if they don't pay for someone to clean up the spill they will talk to the tech and make sure it doesn't happen again (or at least that tech will double check). I understand **** happens. Probably in a hurry but that could have been a BIG expense for the shop to fix the damage/replace the engine.

it happens. ive done it a few times. you get distracted or forget. no real good excuse but the tech is just human. usually you'll spot the leak before anything major happens. Although if this is an only change only place its a little harder to forget to tighten that.

youre both definitely right. My car is in their system all i have to say is “yeah same thing, thank you”
Its a lube spot; they do brake fluid, resurface rotors, engine/ cabin air filter, mainly oil/trans fluid changes. Theyre loosely connected to a Honda dealership thats close by (pretty much on the same lot, they use all oem honda stuff)

It couldve been very costly for them. Ill let them know

Back