Turbo question

If I plan on going turbo I would not be able to use my full race downpipe correct?

No. You will need to replace it with a turbo manifold and a new dp that connects to the turbo manifold.

the turbo manifold will come with the turbo setup you buy.... and it'll connect to whatever exhaust you run.
Yeah I thought soo. I'll be going turbo in the spring soo maybe the downpipe wasn't a smart buy. Owell I'll just sell it to member.

Reactions: Nix
Flashpro will still be your friend though.

Make sure to decide on the power level you want since turbo and SC applications can hit in the same ranges, to a point, and one may be more tuned to the type of driving you want to do. Also usually turbo people tend to get caught up on PSI numbers. Those don't really mean as much as CFM and power levels. A larger turbo flowing more CFM at the same PSI as a smaller turbo will make a lot more power. Be sure to tailor the build to what you want and need.

Other than that I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Flashpro will still be your friend though.

Make sure to decide on the power level you want since turbo and SC applications can hit in the same ranges, to a point, and one may be more tuned to the type of driving you want to do. Also usually turbo people tend to get caught up on PSI numbers. Those don't really mean as much as CFM and power levels. A larger turbo flowing more CFM at the same PSI as a smaller turbo will make a lot more power. Be sure to tailor the build to what you want and need.

Other than that I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Thanks buddy! Yeah man I'm really tied between a supercharger or turbo. Don't get me wrong I would love to build n/a but to be honest I feel like our motors were built for boost. I'm aiming for 400whp+ which I have only seen constantly with turbo correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks buddy! Yeah man I'm really tied between a supercharger or turbo. Don't get me wrong I would love to build n/a but to be honest I feel like our motors were built for boost. I'm aiming for 400whp+ which I have only seen constantly with turbo correct me if I'm wrong.

Most people are in the range of 390-440whp. You are seeing 400whp on average as that is approaching the limits of the internals. To safely go higher than 440whp, you will need to upgrade the rods, pistons, etc, a fuel return system, maybe a more capable oil pump, and probably even bigger injectors than you already bought.

Most people are in the range of 390-440whp. You are seeing 400whp on average as that is approaching the limits of the internals. To safely go higher than 440whp, you will need to upgrade the rods, pistons, etc, a fuel return system, maybe a more capable oil pump, and probably even bigger injectors than you already bought.
Yeah I know but what I'm saying is with the supercharger I'm limited on power correct? Like the most I have seen is stage 2 with upgraded pully at 330whp

Yeah I know but what I'm saying is with the supercharger I'm limited on power correct? Like the most I have seen is stage 2 with upgraded pully at 330whp

You are correct and, at that point, you may as well have spent a bit extra for a turbo.

What's your car going to be used for? Daily Driving? Track? 1/4 Mile?

I strongly suggest a Supercharger for these cars. Sure, everyone wants to be the fastest, and have the most HP, but 400+whp on a FWD car is pretty pointless. All I did was spin in one of my DSM's. The front wheels would even break lose from a roll.

It's my honest opinion that the smooth power curve brought on by either SC kit complements the K24 best.

If you decide to go Turbo, then make sure to invest in suspension mods to try and keep the power to the ground.

All that money spending on a turbo and then you will get spanked by stock Coyote.

Stock 5.0 does 12.7 or 12.5 1/4 mile with better tires and tune it can easily run mid 11's.

Just messing with you.:giggle::stickpokesmiley:

Highly doubt that.
Actually he's right. I don't know about gaining a full second from a tune but 5.0s stock run mid to high 12s. Better with good tires. Im not sure what our cars get turbo though. FWD will definitely not help though. I have seen a SC Si outrun a more powerful turbo Si because the turbo'ed one wouldn't quit spinning.

YouTube shows one CT-e Owner running a 13.05 on slicks. I'm sure a turbo may provide a better time.

These cars aren't exactly drag strip monsters the way a muscle car, Mustang/Camaro/etc, are. They aren't marketed as muscle cars for drag racing and I wouldn't expect one to be able to go toe to toe with a nice V8 mustang just cause you put a turbo on it. However, a turbo Civic will still be very very fast and handle pretty well too. Be ready to invest in properly sized and performance oriented tires or you will just spin your power away.

Stock for stock a new Mustang GT won't hold up as well at an auto-x day compared to the civics but the civic won't match up on the drag strip. It's just a different car and a different tool for a different job.

YouTube shows one CT-e Owner running a 13.05 on slicks. I'm sure a turbo may provide a better time.
Yeah but howuch better than that can you get out of a FWD without making it a dedicated drag car. I don't think much. I think the fastest civics are in the 8s

These cars aren't exactly drag strip monsters the way a muscle car, Mustang/Camaro/etc, are. They aren't marketed as muscle cars for drag racing and I wouldn't expect one to be able to go toe to toe with a nice V8 mustang just cause you put a turbo on it. However, a turbo Civic will still be very very fast and handle pretty well too. Be ready to invest in properly sized and performance oriented tires or you will just spin your power away.

Stock for stock a new Mustang GT won't hold up as well at an auto-x day compared to the civics but the civic won't match up on the drag strip. It's just a different car and a different tool for a different job.

New Mustangs don't need a lot to perform well at an auto-x.;)

Back