Type R emblems on Si, ALL WRONG or nice touch?

There's a ton of accessories out there from a Type-R that is compatible with many Hondas. I.e. F/R Emblems, steering wheel emblem, shifter knob, floor mats, shift boot, pedals, wheels, seats, engine parts, etc. Since the US never had a Civic Type-R until 2017, Honda owners have been putting these parts on their rides for years that the Type-R became a brand itself.

The only thing that makes a Honda car a poser, is a 'Type-R' badge.

NEVER NEVER would I put the text "Type R" on my ride. That being said I'm considering the red emblems front, rear, steering wheel and keys.

Reactions: Nix
The red h badge is for type-r hondas. If your going for badge envy why not kick up the "go-hard or go home" mentality and put some AMG badges on your civic instead?

Last edited:
The red h badge is for type-r hondas. If your going for badge envy why not up AMG badges on your civic instead?
It's been done. BMW badges and others have been done as well

IMG_7335.JPG

That's the other reason to do it. The red emblems give you a nice surface to attach a vinyl in custom colors. I had one on my car.

I mean, ultimately it's your decision to make. Just don't get salty when people think your car is swapped with the new Type-R Crate motor and constantly want to race you.

Personally, I'd say no to anything specifically Type-R related. Red badges are safe and for those I give two thumbs up!

I don't care for them because its been done to death. I do have the steering wheel emblem cuz it matches the red and black theme of the SI, but I wont do the exterior ones.

I don't care for them because its been done to death. I do have the steering wheel emblem cuz it matches the red and black theme of the SI, but I wont do the exterior ones.

You have a 9th gen? Where did you get your steering wheel badge at?

Back