Using dried wax as temporary protection?

Loppysaurusrex

So im gonna take my car on a road trip that will take about 3 hours, I'm really meticulous about my paint so I was wondering

Could I throw on a quick layer of wax on the front, let it dry, and NOT wipe it off? This wouldn't do any damage would it? Only for the weekend as well

Only reason I would think this might not be a good idea, is that afterwards when you want to wax-off, you may have a bit of bugs and particles mixed in with it.

Only reason I would think this might not be a good idea, is that afterwards when you want to wax-off, you may have a bit of bugs and particles mixed in with it.
Well there's still a layer on the front, I applied paste wax like 3 weeks ago, and liquid wax about a week ago, true the bugs would be annoying, but preferable to paint chips

If you're OCD about your paint use 3m spray on clear bra, its really good and thick against rocks and stuff, its pretty much like plasti dip once you're done with it just remove it and thats it or you could also wrap your front end and mirrors with painters tape its gentle and easy to remove, Ive tried both and they both hold up real well to bugs, rock etc..

You don't ever want to let wax fully dry and not remove it.

Buy some blue painters tape and cover the front. Remove it when you get to your destination and re-tape before your head back home.

112_07z_2007_big_socaleuro_gathering-the_blue_tape_audi-front_view.jpg

Back