Vendors help me out!

The Si Canuck

Halifax
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
HFP Coupe
So I want a cold air intake. Not really sure what kind.....Injen, AEM, Skunk.......I don't know. I live in Halifax Canada, and I called around to all the local speed shops. The ONLY intake they have is a black Injen and the price is 599 CANADIAN!!!!!!! WTF!?!?!!??! I'd NEVER pay that for an intake........ridiculous. I was also told any other color would be more since it's a special order. So I am kinda thinking about a wrinkle red Injen. I hope someone can PM me a better price. Help?

$600 for an intake is way too much.

Not many members have the AEM CAI. I think it's much better than the Injen since the intake inlet isn't located inside the engine bay. Hopefully some US vendors can chime in to see what shipping rates are available for you. I know Nextmod is a big aftermarket parts dealer in Canada, but it doesn't seem like they have parts for 2012+ Civics in their product list.

Last edited:
Yeah squiggy I have been looking at a few threads but it's hard to pick apart what's available, considering most people happened to "stumble" upon AEM's release. I didn't even know that Injen was available in red until 2 days ago. Seems marketing is getting pretty weak for the 9th gen. As for the shipping to Canada and duties and what not.......someone HAS to be cheaper than 600 CAD when all is said and done. Thanks for the info though!

Dar-Dar........AGREED! 600 is robbery. When I ordered an AEM intake for my 8th gen years ago from the U.S. it was like 400 including shipping and duties. I actually said out loud to the shop I called here in Halifax, "Are you #$%^ing kidding me??" Haha.....no filter!

Thanks Webby....I have looked at all those sites, but I can't get ahold of anyone for a shipping to Canada quote. Part of it is my laziness of not wanting to wait for an email back.....I'm a phone call kind of guy.

I tagged them to view this thread, and to get you a quote/answer for canada.

Si Canuck, just answered your PM.

If anyone else wants intake pricing to their location in Canada, just PM your Postal Code and what intake you want.

Also, keep in mind you will have to still pay some taxes and brokerages fees upon delivery. We also put down the lowest customs value possible to help you guys out, but it will still cost a bit.

Yeah squiggy I have been looking at a few threads but it's hard to pick apart what's available, considering most people happened to "stumble" upon AEM's release. I didn't even know that Injen was available in red until 2 days ago. Seems marketing is getting pretty weak for the 9th gen. As for the shipping to Canada and duties and what not.......someone HAS to be cheaper than 600 CAD when all is said and done. Thanks for the info though!
How long is your drive to the border? I use a service that receives my parts and I go across the border to pick them up. I use this: http://www.usaddressinc.com/index.html. I bet there's something like this closer to you.

Last edited:
Just messaged you a quote with USPS priority. Much cheaper :)

I have all colors of Injen in stock too :)

By the way, we are an AUTHORIZED Injen dealer and have been since 2006!

Last edited:
Back