What About Throttle Body Spacers?

hotdogjohnny

USA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Forgetting about whether or not they'll fit without mods to some intakes, like the K&N Typhoon, several companies offer spacers promising several (more than three but less than many) hp for @$75.00.

I have read hints in some posts that the spacers are not a good idea? Is that true, and if so, why? Also, if the car is going to have at least an SRI and Flashpro, does that change the call for or against the spacer? Should a TB spacer be on my short 'must do' list? Thanks.

I think the most I saw someone report was 1-2hp on the dyno. That small of a "gain" is kind of hard to replicate on a dyno, as your numbers are going to fluctuate some from run to run. Some have said they feel a difference with them.... maybe someone can chime in with their experiences.

I too read the same mixed results about TBS's, but most reviews from Honda owners stated they liked them and felt they were a plus.
So... I purchased one myself and put it on. Its a piece of cake to do. I didn't really notice much, but with combination of Injen CAI & P2R TBS there is a nice whistle that almost makes it sound like a turbo spooling up. I emailed the company about their product and the mixed reviews, they assured me that it does deliver some increased HP? Who knows. But I guess every little bit helps, whether it be 1HP or 5HP.

I wouldn't get it.

Also, a .5% gain for $75+ is not worth it.

not worth it,but intake manifold gasket is a plus.
^I second this. Intake manifold gaskets plus throttle body gaskets would give a better increase for about the same price.

throttle body spacers were originally designed to move the throttle body a certain distance to make room, it has seen some performance gains if they add the thermal plastic gaskets

had one on my 8th gen. honestly i felt no difference in power, although i did notice a little change in the intake sound, more of a whistle.

So it sounds like that none of these add ons are doing much, unless added with it a flashPro and a good map and full exhaust ?????????

Back