What are the pin sizes and typed used in connectors?

fabian

Wondering if anyone knows the size and type of pins used in Honda electrical connectors. I've tried Google searching and can't find a size or type. Looking for some pins to do some wiring with an aftermarket radio. Instead of cutting wires and stuff I want to unpin the original wire front he connector and crimp a male terminal to the new radio wires and connect then that way adding heat shrink over it. That way if I ever want to go back to stock I can just take the hear shrink off and unplug the wires and insert the pin back into the connector. I know Honda sell them but I'd rather look for them cheaper elsewhere just don't know the size and type. Another option if I can't find the size is to buy a harness and de pin it and use those pigtails.

https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/adexternals-2012-honda-civic-reverse-backup-camera-diy.6538/
someone made a backup camera diy and created pins for the imid harness out of the led kit he bought. I have no clue if every harness would be compatible though
I wish there were better pictures to those pins. Unfortunately the link to the led kit no longer works lol. I might just end up buying an extra harness for aftermarket radios and de-pin that and use those. Or I could buy different types and hopefully one will fit. I think they're pretty cheap on AliExpress from China. That thread does show how I was planning on connecting my OEM reverse can to the aftermarket unit.

I wish there were better pictures to those pins. Unfortunately the link to the led kit no longer works lol. I might just end up buying an extra harness for aftermarket radios and de-pin that and use those. Or I could buy different types and hopefully one will fit. I think they're pretty cheap on AliExpress from China. That thread does show how I was planning on connecting my OEM reverse can to the aftermarket unit.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/EverBright-Generation-Energy-saving-Interior-Adapters/dp/B00IR3ZXJ0?th=1

this is a 6 pack lol

Looks like those are Dupont connectors used in computers. I think they're usually soldered into the PCB board which would make sense since there are PCB boards inside the head unit.

I was searching on YouTube and found a channel called VTEC academy where the guy shows how to rewire engine harnesses and in one of the videos he shows how to crimp the pin terminals. Some one commented asking where to get the pins and he linked a website www.cycleterminal.com but doesn't mention what size or which ones from that website. I emailed the owner of the website see if he knows.

So that website I linked on the above comment actually sells the same connectors and they come with the pins. They are JAE MX34 Series Connectors.

Back