What can the dealer see?

Tortoise

Im considering getting flashpro very soon so i can run an rbc and custom 3.5 inch intake. My only question is, say i have my car one a flashpro tune reving to 7500 and something bad happens. If i flash the car back to stock will the dealer be able to see from my ecu that the car was revved that high previously? The whole reason i got a 2012 si was to have a reliable car with a warranty so its kind of an important question. I dont see the point in flashpro and the rbc if i cant raise my limiter without being caught. Thanks guys!

I'm not positive, but I believe that a dealer can see if anyone has done anything to the ecu. Even if you flash it back, they can see that it's been "touched."

damn really? looks like the 9th gens gettin traded in on somethin faster out of the box then

I've only really seen issues from user error on forums. Users downshifting into the wrong gear & letting the clutch out - boom. Other than that, I've not really seen anyone have issues with hondata or whatever. Unless you're trying to go 40psi with the worst tune ...or just being stupid, you shouldn't have issues.

Technically the dealer can see how high it's been revved with the HDS. To see if the ECU is modified usually requires Honda send out one of their techs.

Back