What do you think about my Si's future build?

Adrizzzle08

DFW, Tx
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I'm posting this to let people know what I plan on doing to my 9th gen Si coupe cosmetically and performancewise to the k24z7 motor itself. Let me know what you think!

PERFORMANCE:
Tsudo 70mm cat-back exhaust system (eBay $349.99 w/shipping)
Golden Eagle intake manifold (eBay $636.73 w/shipping)
P2R intake manifold thermal heat barrier gasket (eBay $34.99 w/shipping)
Injen CAI polished (eBay $289.00 w/shipping)
Edelbrock 70mm throttle body (andysautosport.com $375.00 w/o shipping)
aFe Power throttle body spacer polished (eBay $129.00 w/shipping)
Honda of Japan fuel injector set 410 cc/min (procivic.com $339.80 w/shipping)
Walbro high volume in-tank fuel pump 400LPH (procivic.com $174.95 w/shipping)
AEM adjustable fuel pressure regulator (procivic.com $122.98 w/shipping)
Skunk2 adjustable cam gears (procivic.com $222.31 w/shipping)
K-Tuned K-series fuel rail w/center mount gauge (corsportusa.com $240.00 w/shipping)
Hondata ECU reflash (procivic.com $290.00 w/shipping)

SUSPENSION:
Megan Racing coilovers (eBay $799.99 w/shipping)
Skunk2 rear camber kit (procivic.com $285.03 w/shipping)
Eibach anti-roll sway bar kit (corsportusa.com $285.00 w/shipping)
Strut Racing front strut tower stabilizer bar (eBay $99.99 w/shipping)

INTERIOR & EXTERIOR COSMETICS
MSR wheels style 048 18" front & back (numerous sites $600.00-$900.00)
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo (numerous sites $800.00-$1400.00)
DRL crystal white LED light bulbs (kplayground.ca $8.99 w/shipping)
8000K HID head lights (numerous sites $60.00-$100.00)
3000K HID fog lights (numerous sites $60.00-$100.00)
Map & Dome crystal white LED's (collegehillshonda.com $6.95 each w/o shipping)
Steeringwheel red JDM "H" logo overlay (corsportusa.com $19.00 w/shipping)
Front & Rear red JDM "H" logo (eBay $54.99 w/shipping)
GReddy black magnetic oil drain plug (eBay $26.59 w/shipping)
Weapon R polished oil catch can (procivic.com $48.00 w/shipping)
CT Engineering short shifter (procivic.com $69.95 w/shipping)
Red, White & Yellow LED taillight bulbs (eBay $8.99 each set w/shipping)
Interior footwell red illumination/mood lighting (through my dealership w/installation $200.00 w/tax)
VIS Racing carbon fiber hood OEM style (procivic.com $486.95 w/shipping)
Sparco R100 seats (andysautosport.com $302.68 each w/o shipping)
Sparco 4-point racing seat belts (andysautosport.com $210.68 each w/o shipping)
JDM Sport 2" water temperature gauge (eBay $29.00 w/shipping)
JDM Sport 2" oil temperature gauge (eBay $29.00 w/shipping)
JDM Sport 2" air/fuel ratio gauge (eBay $29.00 w/shipping)
JDM Sport 2" volts gauge (eBay $29.00 w/shipping)
JDM Sport 2" boost gauge (eBay $29.00 w/shipping)
JDM Sport 2" fuel pressure (eBay $29.00 w/shipping)

that is quite an extensive mod list... some of your items would greatly benefit from full tuning like hondata flashpro (which I know isn't available yet)

Nice list. Just some suggestions... do what you want though or whatever makes you happy!

The only thing I see being unnecessary is the front strut tower bar. The car is massively stiff near the firewall which is very close to the front strut location. You won't gain anything from the bar. Looks wise it will be almost completely concealed inside the plastic cowling. Save your $$.

Planning on going turbo? I see boost gauges. Also catch can? Usually just to catch blow-by on FI setups.

Eibach sway bar kit. Skip the front, get the larger rear. The car suffers from understeer and a larger rear sway will help. A larger and stiffer front will increase the problem. Essentially worse handling. Leave the stock front and upgrade the rear for better handling. It will save you some $$ too.

The skunk2 cam gear. New cams also? I think Hondata can adjust timing without an adjustable gear. Put the money towards that little box and a tune. I think you'll get more out of it than the cam gear.

Same with the injectors and fuel pump. Unless you are really going to build your engine with pistons, valves, cams, and the whole shebang.... I think the stock setup will probably do very well unless you are definitely going turbo or S/C later on. The stock injectors are probably not running near 100% duty and Hondata can adjust your stockies.

Downpipe/high flow "header" ? 2 available - the RV6 bellmouth and one from Full Race (sometime soon)

The only thing I see that I would highly recommend against getting is the Sparco seats. Your stock seats have airbags in the sides. The sparcos will not. Safety wise that is a huge compromise. Also you may get lights on your dash if the airbags are not plugged into the system. Same with the 4 point harness. Unsafe unless it is a full 5 point since you can slip out the bottom of the 4 point ones and without a proper roll bar to mount to they don't work that well. Also if you have a roll bar in your car you should not be driving without a helmet. Very unsafe.

Im sure others will have some to add. Happy shopping.

great points. ^ ultimate racing has the downpipe available as well.

I didn't think about the "headers" since none exist except for a high-flow downpipe.

Yup, it's one part of the design thats a bit of a big restriction but, the companies putting them out do seem to post pretty good gains.

Nice list of mods, I would ditch the megan coils and get different coils. BC racing for example.

Back