What is this "120 KM/H" light on dash?

trustdestruction

Tampa, FL
I noticed a strange indicator light on the dash. I am unsure if it actually lights up but does anyone know what this is for or what it does? It is very hard to see but it is to the right of the orange blinking "fake alarm?" light.

It says "120" and then "km/h" underneath. Or maybe there is no slash. Can't tell in my picture, but you can see the 120 in my pic, go look for yourself and chime in if you know.

IMG_1687.jpg

Does it really say KMH? I see the 120 clearly, but not the KMH.

I am wondering if maybe putting the car in KM/H mode and driving to 120 KM/H - 74.x MPH will set off the light. Even if it does I still wonder why.

Last edited:
Maybe it doesn't do anything. Lol.

This just made me go look at mine and it sure does say 120 with km/h under it. That's a strange indicator light. I am very curious as to its meaning or function as well. I wonder if any of our friends in Canada or somewhere else that uses KM (aka the rest if the world) might know? :confuzzled:

It could be for a different model?

After some googling, seems to be used in the middle east, some law there and they enable the light. It's disabled in north American and European markets

That makes the cars there have a governed speed to 75mph?

The Buzzer warning control includes the features.

Operation Warning Function Control
- Buzzer Warning
- Indicator Warning
- External Buzzer Warning for smart key function
- Smart key Lamp Warning
- ESCL System Indicator Warning
- Overspeed warning in case of more than 120km/h for some of the Middle East countries.

---
Other car forums do seem to mention it. Some say that it blinks and continues to make a beep/warning sound if you hit that speed, or go over it.

Reactions: 323
Back