What's a strong enough solution to remove gorilla glue

Loppysaurusrex

One of my OEM visors is slightly off because I did it myself and I tried to glue the pin down so it at least looked right, but that did not work and now I have a bug blotch of gorilla glue that looks awful

Also it's been there for over a year. Goo gone did not help either

Anyone know of some stronger solutions?

One of my OEM visors is slightly off because I did it myself and I tried to glue the pin down so it at least looked right, but that did not work and now I have a bug blotch of gorilla glue that looks awful

Also it's been there for over a year. Goo gone did not help either

Anyone know of some stronger solutions?

Check at the GG site, they likely have a FAQ page and this wouldn't be the first time...

Gorilla glue website:

Wipe off excess glue immediately with a dry cloth and/or standard paint thinner. Make sure you avoid skin contact. Cured glue can be removed with a chisel, scraper or sandpaper.

The gorilla glue is polyurethane which is super hard to remove once it dries. There aren't a lot of things that will dissolve it once it cures. You could try the usual stuff like acetone and denatured alcohol. On a few of the detailing forums I used to frequent a few guys had mentioned something called Oil Flow Safety Solvent. Worked great on certain stains and petroleum based problems. There are better things out there for car paint now. Sometimes a small blemish is better than a huge black glob on a white car.

Try Oil-FLow safety solvent. You should be able to find it at Home Depot or buy it from Amazon. It says it can dissolve cured urethanes. Might work for you. Be very very careful though and gently rub it on with a q-tip.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Taylor-Tools-16-oz-Oil-Flo-141-Water-Rinse-Adhesive-Remover-Spray-14012-HD/203419903?cm_mmc=SEM|THD|google|&mid=sUEfe0k5O|dc_mtid_8903pdd25182_pcrid_63562089568_pkw__pmt__product_203419903&gclid=CI2o8rKe1c0CFQiUaQody9kMDw

Back